• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Restoring Bike After Crash ... Need Photos of Brake Lever

Sonx

CBR650F
I, unfortunately, low-sided (right side) my 2015 Honda CBR650F and I am getting around to replacing all the parts. My brake lever snapped off and I replaced it but it's not right. I had to move the brake reservoir and ignition switch and play around with the placement on the right handlebar and now it feels off.

Could somebody with stock handlebars/brake lever take photos or a video from different angles (straight handlebars, from the top, from the side, placement of brake fluid reservoir) and help me out? I would be so grateful and thankful.

If I get enough photos and angles of the handlebars I can use it as a guide to get everything on the right side back to normal. I had to play around with the ignition switch, brake lever, reservoir, and throttle placement (pretty much the whole right handlebar) so everything is kind of jacked up right now.

Here's what I am working with so far (excuse the missing fairings, I just removed them and ordered new ones):

4uc3xKp.jpg

Right now I feel like I need to raise the brake lever higher to match the clutch on the other side. I also feel like I have adjust the ignition switch and brake fluid reservoir some more.

Thank you so much in advance!

skeletor

CBR650F ABS
Dec 13, 2018
The throttle housing and switch housing should have a locating pin to align with a hole in the handlebar.
The master cylinder should align with a punch mark on the handlebar.
right.jpg

I can take some more pics tomorrow if you need them.

Sonx

CBR650F
The throttle housing and switch housing should have a locating pin to align with a hole in the handlebar.
The master cylinder should align with a punch mark on the handlebar.
View attachment 4270

I can take some more pics tomorrow if you need them.

that would be great, the more photos the better! thank you! I didn't know about the punch mark on the handlebar but I did get the throttle housing and switch with the hole in the handlebar.

thanks baugestine these are very helpful! if you have one like last one but more zoomed out so I can get an idea of the right side's placement in relation to the left handlebar that would be great :)

Top Bottom