• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Removing top speed governor

Little _ole_man

CBR650R ABS
Dec 22, 2023
South West Florida
Riding Since
The last I heard of speed limiters was 186mph established by the EU in the early days of the Hyabusa. Where is this this limit of 159mph and to which countries does it apply? Academic interest only as anyone caught doing that kind of speed on the road will be gaoled and then face a ban of several years and have to take an extended test before getting back on the road, even if any company would provide insurance.
Re the top speed of the CBR it won't be achieved by a large and/or heavy person. Just saying😀
I’m gonna have to find where I read it. I have read so much on it and my memory by no means remembers where that post was. I thought it was referring to the USA. I did not pay mind to the year and that I should have. I do not know the penalty if caught at that rate of speed. I do know many state are not allowed to chase two wheels at a high rate of speed. History has shown that it normally winds up with at least one fatality. If they decide to chase then they also are contributing to the outcome. When questioned about it there statement has all been about the same eventually they will get caught if they do not kill themselves first. The issue about insurance depends on what state you live in. Here in the USA bikes are not treated the same as cars in all of our states. The state that I reside in does not require insurance for motorcycle. Myself I will not ride without ample insurance coverage. But either way I will try to see if I can find those articles again. It does sound like the best way is to put it on the Dyno and let them remap the program. Once again. All good and make the best of what you have.

Top Bottom