Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Removing sticker glue

Jerry

CBR ABS
Thread starter #1
The warning sticker on the tank (read manual, wear gear, etc sticker) had a tiny loose corner so I thought I could rip that ugly thing right off. Boy was I wrong. The sticker itself is gone but you can see the glue still sitting there on the tank in the exact shape of the sticker.

Does anyone know how I can safely get rid of these bits of glue without damaging the paint of the tank? I've got this adhesive remover but I'm afraid it'll eat holes in the tank...

Avoki

CB ABS
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
if you have it there or a similar product. (this is how i took my stickers glue off)

Another method requires to use some heat, not much, but enough to soften the glue, like a hairdryer, and an alcohol damped cloth. Apply heat to the glue until it gets a little more sticky, then use the cloth to wipe it off. repeat until is gone.

I will advise to wax the tank after either to unsure you have a wax protective layer for dust and sun.

Danny88

CB ABS
In the UK there's a product called 'Sticky Stuff Remover', there must be something similar in NL.

A slight abbrasive polish will get rid of it also.

tandi_1984

CB ABS
Stickers always come straight off for me, I don't need to be told not to put diesel in the tank and stuff. Haha. I usually use just a soft plastic card and some lighter petrol.

StephaneCBR

CBR ABS
to remove the glue left over by stickers or scotch tape the best product to use is lighter fuel. Always have a bottle at home, useful when buying gift and trying to remove the price sticker. lighter fuel.png

kamura

CBR ABS
I always just use isopropyl alcohol, you get like a liter for less than £10 and you only need a tiny amount. I've had the same bottle for 3 years according to amazon and it's not even half way done. Doesn't damage plastics, its ok to use with electronics in short it's great.