Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Removing LAMS on 2017 CBR650F ABS

Cbr650R_Beau

CBR650R ABS
Guys, how important is a full exhaust system? It is necessary or just beneficial?
Platinum Motorcycles want my bike for a week so I'm going through Dynobike who will do it on the same day.
I have a brand new 2019 cbr650r has about 1400kms on it atm full akropovic exhaust etc etc, i called platinum this morning to enquire about a derestriction an they said they are still experimenting with the 2019 model an there not ready to do it just yet until they have sorted everything out with there experimental bike, he quoted me around $850 mark an bike for 1 week

Cbr650R_Beau

CBR650R ABS
Do you guys get worried if you have an accident on a restricted license with a derestricted bike?
Im not worried about the police as its impossible for them too tell if its de-restricted, im only worried a little about insurance, but then again do they go to the extent of pulling out the ecu an getting it checked?

MrLinderman

CB650F ABS
Do you guys get worried if you have an accident on a restricted license with a derestricted bike?
Im not worried about the police as its impossible for them too tell if its de-restricted, im only worried a little about insurance, but then again do they go to the extent of pulling out the ecu an getting it checked?
If you have choice of repairer in your insurance and they were the ones to do the de-restriction then you have no worries, atleast with the crowd i work with, they only advise the assessors of the damage in an accident and not what mods you have done. but its your choice, from what i know i have never heard or seen anyone pinged for de-restricting a lams model when riding on a full license.

I'll likely be getting mine done in a few months after i have given the bike a decent warm up and got used to the handling

p.s Danny and Louie at Platinum know there stuff so i would not be worried at all with them doing the mod, They have been my go too crew for the last 4 years and tuned my race bike and always did a bang up job.

Cbr650R_Beau

CBR650R ABS
If you have choice of repairer in your insurance and they were the ones to do the de-restriction then you have no worries, atleast with the crowd i work with, they only advise the assessors of the damage in an accident and not what mods you have done. but its your choice, from what i know i have never heard or seen anyone pinged for de-restricting a lams model when riding on a full license.

I'll likely be getting mine done in a few months after i have given the bike a decent warm up and got used to the handling

p.s Danny and Louie at Platinum know there stuff so i would not be worried at all with them doing the mod, They have been my go too crew for the last 4 years and tuned my race bike and always did a bang up job.
The guys at platinum sound like top blokes i called them the other day. They dont have an option for derestricting the 2019 model yet but are currently working on it, ive only been in the bike scene for a little over 2 years an looking for a shop to do work on future bikes, i have 1 1/2 years left on my restricted license then im off it.

Geoff

CBR650F ABS
Toowoomba people, Damian at Yuri is doing these now. He is a perfectionist and has done a very thorough job of mine. 👍 Highly recommended.