• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Rear wheel roller

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Roller.jpg
I found this thing on Amazon the other day and picked one up. It actually works like advertised! (-I know, right?) It was around $50 cad, and was great for chain maintenance. Good for wheel cleaning too. Cheers!

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Wouldn't a rear stand make this pointless and help with a lot more maintenance issues. Also l don't get how this would be easy since you would have rolling resistance rather than a floating rear wheel like a stand. Which is also pretty cheap if you find L block style attachments.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Those things are cheap, like $20, in the states. I have one that I bought years ago for my CTX. Went from the cruiser bikes with shaft drive to chain-driven so needed something easy to rotate the wheel and clean the chain.

They work, but you'll be struggling to yank on that wheel. All the weight on the rear wheel makes it tough to turn. Those things are good for in a pinch but after a few times using mine I couldn't wait to get the center stand! (Which I wish there was a center stand for the CB's.)

One good thing is that they can fit into a top case if you're doing some touring. A little bulky but better than nothing.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
How should I reply to that comment. Nevermind, not worth it.
My point was that a roller stand "can be" a little difficult as 1) you're in a squatting position or on your knees 2) you will use some back muscles to yank on the wheel 3) if you're out of shape you could pull a muscle, not to mention that chances are you're going to be rubbing up against an oily chain or some dirt on the swing arm.

A center stand or rear stand...you can, literally, use one finger to spin the wheel.

Top Bottom