• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Rear ABS kicks in too easy and early

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
For me it's not an issue under normal use but when braking hard I feel it might be kicking in a bit early yes. Nothing that should be a problem on public roads though. I did have it cause a few nervous moments at the track. Nothing serious, just that I had it activate at inopportune moments when I didn't expect it. Never had an issue with the front ABS.

soriku

CB650R ABS
Mar 28, 2022
Riding Since
I was practicing emergency breaking today and the rear abs did not kick in easily; I had to deliver enough force to actually activate it. 2022 model for reference.

Front abs I have not reach the activation even in emergency braking…

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
I was practicing emergency breaking today and the rear abs did not kick in easily; I had to deliver enough force to actually activate it. 2022 model for reference.

Front abs I have not reach the activation even in emergency braking…
Have you tried rear brake only?

soriku

CB650R ABS
Mar 28, 2022
Riding Since
I tried rear brake only at first and then both together (rear and front).

Definitely rear kicks in easier than front. Although rear abs does not kick easily in my opinion.

qoobeq

CB650R ABS
Nov 5, 2021
Riding Since
There is not much weight on the rear tire, especially when you're braking hard with a front brake. Rear lifts up and ABS is kicking in.
Front brake makes 80%-90% stopping power.

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
Activated both myself. The front is very soft. you woud feel a slight judder maybe its more agressive under heavier breaking.

Top Bottom