• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F Radiator leak?

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Hi all, coming home from my ride today where i felt like my bike had been sounding somewhat odd, kinda "clicky", but performing completely normally tbh. I left it down to me having removed my intercom and a new gopro positioning on the helmet making things sound differently. Anyway i left it and had it cool down, later in the evening i went to install some frame sliders, and noticed this -
1560814613842.png
Blue fluid on the radiator, at this point the bike had been stationary for about 4 hours...
I am gonna run it by my mechanic no matter what, as i am a complete novice, but i'd like to hear if any of you guys have any ideas/input. I find it very difficult to check the coolant level, but shining a light on it whilst rocking the bike back and forth it looked like there was quite a bit in there.
This is not normal right? Likely a dumb question but what gives haha.
+ assuming this is a leak, will i have to buy a new radiator? And do you think a radiator cover could have prevented this?

Attachments

• 1560814584481.png
    1560814584481.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I'd pull the radiator and see if any of the hoses may be loose or punctured. If not, and I hate to say it, but it may shot. If the hoses look secured run it up to your local shop that you trust.

If the radiator itself is punctured you could try some Stop Leak but, me personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Thanks Devil, ran it by my dealer, there is indeed a small puncture... Getting a new one, and a guard :banghead:

That sucks. Something must have kicked up and hit it, like a stone or some kind of road debris. Good idea to get a radiator guard. You can find some rather inexpensive on the internet.

Top Bottom