• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Fs Quickshifter

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
A couple of test rides later and it's pretty smooth.

Even going from 1st to second isn't as lumpy as I expected. Better shift than I can do anyway lol.

I think my kill times are 70.65.65.60.55, need to check to be sure.

J

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
My bike was at the service recently. For some reason the shifting improved with the OEM quickshifter on my cb650r.

Don't know what they did, if it was chain slag (recently tightened myself already) or something but shifting with little throttle improved

JJ_CBR650F

CBR650F ABS
May 7, 2019
Suffolk, England
Riding Since
A
So I might have accidentally installed this today...
View attachment 12430

As I have a week off work, time to play! :)

J
Are you not finding you're kicking the QS on the downshifts with mounting it at the bottom? mines in the middle at the min but i was planning on moving it to the top - mounting it upside down and using the other wires (pull rather than push) as it's not always perfect but it may also be me having a slightly damaged top of foot as had an injury recently so i'm not tapping up hard enough but then should it be hard to tap up or should i increase the sensitivity hmmm decisions :)

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
The dynojet fitting guide explicitly states not to put the shifter in the middle of the rod... Should go at one end.

Because of the thread direction I found the qs can only go at the bottom.

My boot is nowhere near the qs sensor... I'd argue that if you're kicking it then you need to work on your boot position as that could be impacting your shifting negatively.

J

JJ_CBR650F

CBR650F ABS
May 7, 2019
Suffolk, England
Riding Since
The dynojet fitting guide explicitly states not to put the shifter in the middle of the rod... Should go at one end.

Because of the thread direction I found the qs can only go at the bottom.

My boot is nowhere near the qs sensor... I'd argue that if you're kicking it then you need to work on your boot position as that could be impacting your shifting negatively.

J
it was only a thought that i may kick it if it was fitted at the bottom, haven't tried it there so actually wouldn't know and just thought id ask as you'd know.
more interested to know where you spliced into the speed sensor wire, do you have a photo at all as doing mine later?
J

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
The speed wire was easy to get to just behind the reg-rec unit on the left hand side.

The main loom goes into a plug there... I tapped in just before the plug and used silicone self amalgamation tape to seal the joint. The wire you want is pink/green.

I soldered my fly lead into it. I used 16/0.2 equipment wire. When the end is tinned it fits the pcv perfectly.

J

JJ_CBR650F

CBR650F ABS
May 7, 2019
Suffolk, England
Riding Since
The speed wire was easy to get to just behind the reg-rec unit on the left hand side.

The main loom goes into a plug there... I tapped in just before the plug and used silicone self amalgamation tape to seal the joint. The wire you want is pink/green.

I soldered my fly lead into it. I used 16/0.2 equipment wire. When the end is tinned it fits the pcv perfectly.

J
Perfect thanks, I sorted mine last night and went with MrFritz86's kill times and is spot on so far - longer run tomorrow so fingers crossed :)

Top Bottom