• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Quickshifter gear lever adjustment issue

eyal666

CB650R ABS
Mar 27, 2021
Riding Since
Hi,
I recently bought a new unrestricted 2021 CB650R with an OEM quickshifter (upshift).
I noticed that I have a lot of false neutral shifts when trying to upshift, and also sometimes the quickshifter won't work correctly.
My guess is that the gear lever is adjusted too high, and I want to readjust it but the quickshifter installation manual says the following: 1617548382516.png
Basically, there should be a predefined distance between the gear change pedal and the quickshifter bolt which won't preserve if I readjust the gear level.

My questions are:
  1. What is the purpose of this predefined distance?
  2. Is it safe to readjust it anyway?
I asked the local dealer that I bought the bike from but it seems that they weren't even aware of the step above.

Last edited:

eyal666

CB650R ABS
Mar 27, 2021
Riding Since
They have to have a recommended "OEM point" for install.

Adjust without fear ... we have a pinned thread on the procedure (the QS doesn't alter the steps at all).

J
Thanks a lot man!

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Adjusting the lever to suit your footwear and foot position will all but remove false neutrals. I have found these bikes really do need a positive shift and you can achieve that with a lever properly positioned for your riding style.

Take the spanners out with you (10mm and 8mm IIRC) when you make a change and adjust as you go. Even small adjustments can make all the difference.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
When I first got my bike I had some false neutral shifts for the first few rides as well. I attributed it to lazy shifting. You really need to give a positive full lift of the foot as Rafe said.
I haven't had a false neutral since I've gotten use to the bike now.

samuelhb

CBR650R ABS
Aug 16, 2021
Riding Since
yo ajuste a mi medida personalizada, la que marca oem es invalida, queda muy elevada y produce falsos cambios

ChickenFrosty

CBR650R ABS
Sep 30, 2021
Riding Since
interesting topic, I have the same issue after installing the QS, false neutral from 5-6 and 2-3 not shifting with QS at 10k rpm (scare the shit out of me, worry might broke something). So far the bike still work and I do suspect the standard distance of the lever needed to adjust according to the rider.

Top Bottom