• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CB650R Proud owner of a new 2023 Black Edition CB650R

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I looked again at the lights and with a small grinder session on the lift casings, I managed to get it all together. Looking good.
These lights (seemingly 40W each) are E marked and UK road legal.
I haven’t installed the wiring harness and switch yet - that’s a job for the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3466.jpeg
    IMG_3466.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Okay so photos of all my mods to date.
Black Edition CB650R came with Sports Pack installed (meter visor, belly pan, quick shift, rear seat cowl). The dealer also installed the free Datatool GPS Trakker which I find a great tool to log all my journeys.
I have since fitted:
front/rear HD cameras with 256gb storage and wifi.
radiator grille
short levers
front spot lights w/handlebar switch
larger smoked wind screen
grip puppies foam grips
phone holder with wireless Qi charger
tyre pressure monitor
louder horn

More stuff on the way……
air intake winglets
sidestand foot
blind spot mirrors
hand guards

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3470.jpeg
    IMG_3470.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 49

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I received my hand guards and fitted them on. One side fits under the bar end, and on the throttle side, the grip puppies were making contact with the guard's moulding so I left the bar end on and fitted them over. Thankfully the existing screw was long enough to incorporate the hand guard washer, moulding and the original bar end.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 26

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
More bits just arrived - sidestand foot, winglets and handlebar risers. Another shipment is out for delivery today with a set of handlebar switches.
I'll post photos once items are fitted.

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I have fitted the sidestand foot and the handlebar risers.
I just realised once I fitted it that I have ordered a foot with CBR650F instead of the CB650R.
With the bar risers on, the front brake pipe now seems a little tight so I’ll get the dealer to possibly fit a new braided hose during its first service. I moved my camera remote to the side of the handlebar riser as the red flashing LED kept drawing my attention.
The winglets fit nicely to the sides of the air intake covers but the existing screws are not long enough so i have ordered a screw set and will fit them later.
Riding position seems better now - I’m short and felt I was having to lean forward to get my arms bent. I’ll know more tomorrow on my way to work.

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpeg
    IMG_3487.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3488.jpeg
    IMG_3488.jpeg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3489.jpeg
    IMG_3489.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 33

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I have just fitted the air intake winglets on each side and am going to mount a pair or blind spot mirrors onto them.
I had to modify the mirror brackets and their coat of paint is drying. i’ll fit the mirrors tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3495.jpeg
    IMG_3495.jpeg
    744.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3496.jpeg
    IMG_3496.jpeg
    927.3 KB · Views: 45

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I’ve had to alter the winglets slightly as my spotlights made contact at the ends of steering range so after removing about an inch of the offending edge, I refitted and instead of using the supplied double sided foam stickers to hold the top edge in place, I applied black silicone sealant along the top and bottom contact faces so it’s now glued to the (removable) air box cover.
I’ll take photos tomorrow once I have fitted the blind spot mirrors.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Did several deletions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please be respectful of of others bikes and decisions regarding mods.

Do not yuck someone else's yum.

Tony650r

CBR650R
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
Did several deletions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please be respectful of of others bikes and decisions regarding mods.

Awww shoot, sorry I’m late. After f-ing myself and those burns I had to go to the hospital 🤕. Then I had some reaaaally serious lawyer stuff to do, pro-bono of course. A lot of you won’t get it, but if just one of you does, I’ve done my job. I regret nothing ✊🤛🤝

User28

CB650R
May 2, 2022
Riding Since
Awww shoot, sorry I’m late. After f-ing myself and those burns I had to go to the hospital 🤕. Then I had some reaaaally serious lawyer stuff to do, pro-bono of course. A lot of you won’t get it, but if just one of you does, I’ve done my job. I regret nothing ✊🤛🤝
Well i always thought canadians spoke ethier English or French , not gobbly gook , dont understand a thing you wrote ???

Bill_650R

CB650R ABS
Oct 25, 2021
Riding Since
Did several deletions.

Just a note here, although I do not challenge the fact that my post was not exactly the definition of political correctness: the key word was “chinesium”. Nobody is entitled to criticize the decision of user X to install accessory Y (for example towbar or winglets here). On the other hand, I personally would appreciate a piece of advice against installing:
Aliexpress crash bars on a >200kg bike
Aliexpress bar risers or any bar stuff at a sport naked bike
Aliexpress screen on a bike that can go >220km/h

That was my point - strangely expressed.

Well i always thought canadians spoke ethier English or French , not gobbly gook , dont understand a thing you wrote ???
Talking about me, regarding deleted posts, don’t waste your time 🙂

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Over the years, I have supplied or fitted Chinese made accessories for motorcycles, cars and light aircraft, and as always, you get what you pay for.
I have rarely had issues with anything I have had shipped from China. Amazon on the other hand - that's another story.......

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Just a note here, although I do not challenge the fact that my post was not exactly the definition of political correctness: the key word was “chinesium”.
My (our) problem was not with the origin of parts or expressing a (respectful) opinion but with you and Tony650r @Tony650r taking jabs at each other, calling each other names and comments about going places while fornicating. Neither of you are right, neither of you are clean in this which is why I said what I did and did what I did. I didn’t want any further drama.

I'm hoping I don’t have to comment or act further.

Tony650r

CBR650R
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
My (our) problem was not with the origin of parts or expressing a (respectful) opinion but with you and Tony650r @Tony650r taking jabs at each other, calling each other names and comments about going places while fornicating. Neither of you are right, neither of you are clean in this which is why I said what I did and did what I did. I didn’t want any further drama.

I'm hoping I don’t have to comment or act further.

Since Monsieur got his last 2 cents in, here’s mine. I didn’t use foul language, hell I don’t even consider what I wrote as insulting. I put a little spin on the super generic harmless comment (who hurt you?) to a completely inappropriate attack on several innocent members of an entire thread. I’m sorry, when did this forum become Twitter? Then I merely stated a fact, that he was being a, to put it nicely, weener by expressing such unnecessary negative and unwanted opinions. I did not unilaterally label him one. He had several chances to apologize for the post but didn’t. Basically, they always dish it out but can’t take it. I said what I said, and I’d say it again. Plus my comebacks were witty af. Merci salut la visite.

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
I'm starting my advanced rider course tomorrow. Even with over 30 years riding experience, it's always good to refresh skills and the road traffic regulations in UK had a major overhaul last year.
I'll also get a discount on my insurance once I have completed the course and passed the test.
I may as well do my car advanced course after that to get the full set.

Omen

CBR650R
Feb 13, 2022
Riding Since
I'm starting my advanced rider course tomorrow. Even with over 30 years riding experience, it's always good to refresh skills and the road traffic regulations in UK had a major overhaul last year.
I'll also get a discount on my insurance once I have completed the course and passed the test.
I may as well do my car advanced course after that to get the full set.
Just done police ride safe
Which course are you doing

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
It's the IAM Roadsmart course. Meeting my observer tonight to get started.
It seems the police ride safe course is just in England and Wales, not in Scotland. Probably the same course anyway.

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Some right BA&T@RD has tried to steal my bike. I got a notification from ther GPS tracker and I was at the bike within about 45 seconds - nobody near, but on inspection, the steering lock was snapped, handlebars were twisted to the right, and I cannot get the ignition key turned away from the lock position.
The steering will not go right because of the snapped steering lock.
There is a scrape on the front tyre that wasn't there before as well.
I have reported this to the police and am speaking to my insurance now.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3543.jpg
    IMG_3543.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 34

User28

CB650R
May 2, 2022
Riding Since
Omg, scroats every where, lucky you wernt hurt, never know what these thugs will do if confronted, hope the damage can be repaired , i had smeone snap a ignition lock on a friends bike and it was a right off due to damage to the frame, i bet they are known to the police but naff all would happen the inocent all ways suffer and our policeforce are as much helpfull as an ashtray on a motorbike , good luck

GPSDANNY

CB650R ABS
Aug 31, 2022
Edinburgh
Riding Since
Thanks. They'll need to replace the ignition lock, it's mountings and the top yoke as a minimum.
Unfortunately I don't think my local dealer will do the work as I'm at the mercy of the insurance company now.
Still waiting for them to call me to arrange an uplift..................

Top Bottom