• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Power commander and dyno

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
So I finally got my mapped and went for a 1500 mile test ride / tour. I have got 82bhp at the rear as well which doesn't seem to be much,

On the other hand, with the baffle on it was rough and didn't like the high rev range on 6th, but when I took the baffle off the bike pulled like a train through all revs!!! and lots of throttle left to go! I guess the tuner had mapped with the baffle off I cared less to ask lol! Just wanted to get on the tour with a functioning bike. It did solve my flat spots in the power band and bike is super responsive. 100% improvement on the previous stock + akra (without baffle) set up!

As per a discussion between Brammers @Brammers and I, we are suspecting that there maybe difference on each dyno. So if I got to another dyno I might get even lower or higher readings. Well we would never know if we all took a test run on the same dyno.

On the other hand, the tuner did tell me if I wanted a mixed power band or a "balls out power" band. He suggested mixed, as for long distance the bike will only use more fuel when cruising if I tuned it for only power. so makes no sense to piss fuel in for such situations. So I just let him do what he thinks is best.

I have been invited to test out their new dyno upgrades for free, so I will ask them to give me as much power as they can squeeze. I am not too fussed on the numbers as I acheived what I wanted - eradicate power flat spots. But will give it a go if I get time.

rustyeyed @rustyeyed Awesome - I wouldn't bother paying too much attention to the I got 'X BHP on X dyno'. All dyno's are highly subjective, the air temperature and moisture on the day plays a big part as do lots of other factors. You could go back a few days later and get another reading which is 5HP out.

The main thing is that you get a nice smooth power band. That's what I was after and that's what I got. I really don't care about the HP figure.

RE - the not sharing the map file, sorry I wasn't ignoring you on purpose, honest. However, there would really be little point in sharing it - the stock one from Dynojet would have been a much safer bet - AFAIK they produce it after testing a few bikes of the same model. My map could have been total pants on your bike... I have a modded exhaust/baffle too.

Anyway apologies for not seeing your post - I've not been on here for ages, I just got a PM and logged on to find loads of alerts.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
rustyeyed @rustyeyed Awesome - I wouldn't bother paying too much attention to the I got 'X BHP on X dyno'. All dyno's are highly subjective, the air temperature and moisture on the day plays a big part as do lots of other factors. You could go back a few days later and get another reading which is 5HP out.

The main thing is that you get a nice smooth power band. That's what I was after and that's what I got. I really don't care about the HP figure.

RE - the not sharing the map file, sorry I wasn't ignoring you on purpose, honest. However, there would really be little point in sharing it - the stock one from Dynojet would have been a much safer bet - AFAIK they produce it after testing a few bikes of the same model. My map could have been total pants on your bike... I have a modded exhaust/baffle too.

Anyway apologies for not seeing your post - I've not been on here for ages, I just got a PM and logged on to find loads of alerts.

I can't agree more. I think number chasing was me not knowing much about dynos. But after speaking to some wise riders around I have been educated on the subject. Bottom line end of the day as long as the "feel" of the bike has improved and the "niggle" you have has been sorted by the tuning, that's all that matters.

In my case it has dramitically improved and has never missed a beat.

It's ok about the map sharing, I too am not too active on this site either as we have a FB group I manage most of the time. :)

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
When i get mine done I will try it on 2 different dynoes to see what the difference is . I agree about what you have said ahout the HP % margin with not all of them reading the same and it's mainly how it feels., but I do also think it depends on the tuner it takes a really good one to squeeze every last HP . From all of the different results I have seen the most reilable numbers from a base run with just the exhaust and filter pre mapping has been about 79HP then after mapping mostly 85 to 88. Iff the baseline runs are 79 for pritty much everyone with the ones what have got 82 they both must be true results I have never seen one base run at 79 then the other at 83 .i think it really depends mostly of what type of adjustments have been made . Pure out power or better fuel economy. But yes it's still going be fantastic either way so I don't care i want to just have a even smoother engine and know the fueling is as perfect as it can be

Top Bottom