• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Power commander 5 cb650r

Jdcb650r

CB650R
Feb 15, 2021
Riding Since
Ok what's up guys long time I've looked to this site for answers.
Now I have a question.
I have a 2019 cb650r mods include:
DNA air filter
Blackwidow full exhaust
Power commander 5
My question is what map to use for the pcv
Dyno jet said the akra map at first then realized I was in the US. Then suggested using the leovince map. What map should I use I wanna get it dyno tuned soon but don't have a scratch for it just yet. Also on the akra map it popped alot but on the leovince it actually threw a flame but doesn't pop as much lmk Thanks guy like I said I'm glad there some where to get answers20210210_120859.jpg20210215_153045.jpgVideoCapture_20210215-160432.jpg

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
I'd stick with the advice DynoJet gave you. That is a very free-flowing exhaust (with many fewer baffles and no cat) so it will exhibit a very different behavior than stock. You may also want to have the ECM dyno tuned as well. Brammers @Brammers can comment on his experience with that.

Jdcb650r

CB650R
Feb 15, 2021
Riding Since
I'd stick with the advice DynoJet gave you. That is a very free-flowing exhaust (with many fewer baffles and no cat) so it will exhibit a very different behavior than stock. You may also want to have the ECM dyno tuned as well. Brammers @Brammers can comment on his experience with that.
Thanks and yeah I'll ride it out see how she feels. I am planning on getting the ecu flashed "tuned" and get a custom map on the bike but I won't be doing that for some time and I do alot of miles in a year .. in 8 months I did 11k on my cb650r... but I think the map for the leovince will be ok for now. Does any one know if im able to upload my map yo dynojet once I have it tuned that way anyone with a blackwidow full exhaust and airfilter can use it ?

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
That does look a LOT like a TBR in terms of gas-flow/ general design.

Do you have your PAIR valves blocked off? If not, do it, do it NOW. (see pinned thread). That should help with the pops, bangs and flames a bit.

Also a custom map is a must do for maximum punch. I gained about 12(ish) BHP in the midrange - the difference was scary. You're on an R, so the gains will be less (I'm on an F).

If you're game, you can try my TBR, K&N map (baffle in though). I also have a map for TBR/OEM filter and no baffle which gave an estimated 100BHP at the crank (89 at the wheel). Loud but fun :)

As always YMMV!

J

Estorer

CB650R
Apr 28, 2021
Riding Since
Thanks and yeah I'll ride it out see how she feels. I am planning on getting the ecu flashed "tuned" and get a custom map on the bike but I won't be doing that for some time and I do alot of miles in a year .. in 8 months I did 11k on my cb650r... but I think the map for the leovince will be ok for now. Does any one know if im able to upload my map yo dynojet once I have it tuned that way anyone with a blackwidow full exhaust and airfilter can use i

Ok what's up guys long time I've looked to this site for answers.
Now I have a question.
I have a 2019 cb650r mods include:
DNA air filter
Blackwidow full exhaust
Power commander 5
My question is what map to use for the pcv
Dyno jet said the akra map at first then realized I was in the US. Then suggested using the leovince map. What map should I use I wanna get it dyno tuned soon but don't have a scratch for it just yet. Also on the akra map it popped alot but on the leovince it actually threw a flame but doesn't pop as much lmk Thanks guy like I said I'm glad there some where to get answersView attachment 9683View attachment 9682View attachment 9684
Which map did you end up going with? I'm installing PCV on my cb650r right now. I was looking at available maps and didnt see one for black widow.

Estorer

CB650R
Apr 28, 2021
Riding Since
Which map did you end up going with? I'm installing PCV on my cb650r right now. I was looking at available maps and didnt see one for black widow.
Forgot to put I have the full black widow exhaust also

Jdcb650r

CB650R
Feb 15, 2021
Riding Since
Forgot to put I have the full black widow exhaust also
Sorry for the late response I ended using the leo Vince map and is working for me just fine I do plan on taking the lap top out and testing but the traffic around me has been crazy lately so I need to do runs at night very soon and do the same road same condition film it and see if I notice any differences

Runcmc89

CBR650R
May 11, 2021
Riding Since
That does look a LOT like a TBR in terms of gas-flow/ general design.

Do you have your PAIR valves blocked off? If not, do it, do it NOW. (see pinned thread). That should help with the pops, bangs and flames a bit.

Also a custom map is a must do for maximum punch. I gained about 12(ish) BHP in the midrange - the difference was scary. You're on an R, so the gains will be less (I'm on an F).

If you're game, you can try my TBR, K&N map (baffle in though). I also have a map for TBR/OEM filter and no baffle which gave an estimated 100BHP at the crank (89 at the wheel). Loud but fun :)

As always YMMV!

J
Can I get those maps bro.

Top Bottom