• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Power Comander!!

Is the power comander V worth it??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick 650

CBR650F
Apr 3, 2019
New York, USA
So I was going to purchase the power commander fuel controller. I spoke with rezvilla and dyno jet and they said the pcfc was discontinued for our bikes.
So my question is... is the power commander v worth the money as far as power and overall engine performace. (longevity, power and response)

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
I really don't think it is worth it.I have been riding my bike with a full carbon termignoni exhaust in for over 4 years and it gives
me all the engine performance i need without the power commander.Maybe with some exhaust sys. you may need it?

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
As above, I can testify to its benefits.

Consider how likely you are to make other engine modifications before having it mapped, if you are, do them before mapping. Just so you get more value for money when the time comes.

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
So I was going to purchase the power commander fuel controller. I spoke with rezvilla and dyno jet and they said the pcfc was discontinued for our bikes.
So my question is... is the power commander v worth the money as far as power and overall engine performace. (longevity, power and response)

It may be discontinued but see if you can pick up some old stock somewhere - if you just want to sort out the bike’s fuelling rather than add quickshiftsrs then it’s all you need.

Nick 650

CBR650F
Apr 3, 2019
New York, USA
As above, I can testify to its benefits.

Consider how likely you are to make other engine modifications before having it mapped, if you are, do them before mapping. Just so you get more value for money when the time comes.[/QUOTE

Do you have the pcfc or the pcv?

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
UPDATE!!! revzilla emailed me, they had 1 more pcfc in stock. I just ordered it! I really hope its worth it!

N Nick 650 is it worth it? Marginal or day/night difference? I am thinking of getting the PCV or the PCFC. You have the rights to vote now, your feedback is very much appreciated!

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018

Don't forget the auto tune module.

I also removed the pair valve system a year after I installed the PC V, bike felt smoother and small throttle openings. Riding in slow traffic was less jerky.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
victorkkq @victorkkq have a search there's a load of info on the forum from people who've installed one (myself included)

bishop @bishop the auto tune is only useful if you constantly swap parts. A proper map is cheaper, better (i.e. Completely mapped) and won't go wrong after a few hundred hours when the sensor is worn out.

J

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I think the PCFC works on the 2018 models as the ECU is almost identical to the earlier ones. I know someone on the FB owners group installed one with success, however I don't remember what year 650f he had.

I would recommend a full PC5 though, and get it tuned by a guy with a dyno.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Good shout... The 17/18 are the same so yes a very good chance it will work!
So I just installed my PCV! Well performance change is not remarkable right of the bat. I have done lots of research and there is a lot to tell about the base map on Dynojet website, but I'll leave it for a better time. my question is, I followed the instructions and installed it. Bike runs normal but didn't I need to block/unplug the O2 sensor by any chance?! I am sure I have not touched O2 plug and its not anywhere in the instruction.
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom