• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R PCV out of stock

GuguzaOG

CBR650R
Apr 13, 2021
Riding Since
Hello there,

the PCV is out of stock and i was asking myself if the PCV from the Honda CBR650F is the same as the PCV for the Honda CBR650R ?

Thank you in advance!

GuguzaOG

CBR650R
Apr 13, 2021
Riding Since
And another Question :/, i have an A2 restricted version. What does happen if i run the PCFC or PCV ? Do the PCV(FC) trick the ecu ? And should i de-restrict the Lams ?
Thanks in advance!

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
no benefit in buying it. keep your money. Specially if you have installed Akra. if you don't believe me, download PCV app and check out its maps . Someone who has it installed is talking here ;)

Last edited:

GuguzaOG

CBR650R
Apr 13, 2021
Riding Since
no benefit in buying it. keep your money. Specially if you have installed Akra. if you don't believe me, download PCV app and check out it maps for your bike. Someone who has it installed is talking here ;)
So, better not buying it ?

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
no benefit in buying it. keep your money. Specially if you have installed Akra. if you don't believe me, download PCV app and check out its maps . Someone who has it installed is talking here ;)
Can you elaborate for me?

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Can you elaborate for me?
So many ppl think if you install an aftermarket pipe, it will make your AFR much leaner (it is believed that Honda motorcycles AFR is already lean out of factory). So they think PCV will make up for that and will add more fuel to the mix and kinda balances the mixture > Which is not true whatsoever!
Install PCV, and download map for a random exhaust brand > What you will see is many many many table cells with "-" sign which mean more added air! so these maps will make your mixture even leaner comparing to the stock mapping. These aside, I installed it and did not see a very remarkable change. My final verse is that it is not worth the hassle and money (for Honda 650 series at least)

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
So many ppl think if you install an aftermarket pipe, it will make your AFR much leaner (it is believed that Honda motorcycles AFR is already lean out of factory). So they think PCV will make up for that and will add more fuel to the mix and kinda balances the mixture > Which is not true whatsoever!
Install PCV, and download map for a random exhaust brand > What you will see is many many many table cells with "-" sign which mean more added air! so these maps will make your mixture even leaner comparing to the stock mapping. These aside, I installed it and did not see a very remarkable change. My final verse is that it is not worth the hassle and money (for Honda 650 series at least)
Map from dynojet site are not “perfectly” suitable for custom pipe out there. You need proper tuner done the fuel map for your bike, it’s like another bike after tuned. Don’t waste money for buying pcV and using free map downloaded from their website. Good thing always come with a price.

Runcmc89

CBR650R
May 11, 2021
Riding Since
That is not true man. Way not true. If I need to prove it I will. Just know I have one an akrapovic exhaust and many many more performance parts. The pc5 helps

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Autotune is not as good as a dyno built map.

Pc5 will help extract max power from the akra. The akra will also work fine without one.

Your money, your call.

J

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Map from dynojet site are not “perfectly” suitable for custom pipe out there. You need proper tuner done the fuel map for your bike, it’s like another bike after tuned. Don’t waste money for buying pcV and using free map downloaded from their website. Good thing always come with a price.
Well I didn’t say I am using a default map. I said you can go and check as a part of your research. As a matter of fact I am using a custom map tuned by a very reputable tuner here in Toronto. Outcome for me? Trivial to zero changes. However I have not hit a track yet. Maybe that extra 10 percent u get from tune, helps.

Last edited:

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
That is not true man. Way not true. If I need to prove it I will. Just know I have one an akrapovic exhaust and many many more performance parts. The pc5 helps
This is so true. Way so true ( at least for me ). Your money your call man. You a track day type of person? Go for it. You are a daily commuter, keep your money and save up for a more powerful bike. PC helps, but it is not for everyone. I have got far better performance by taking the baffle out ( no joke!) . Numbers are there and you can refer to it. Just search “Monster” in this forum. I have also removed pair valves and some other tweaks + a custom map which added up to 1200+ CAD. Do I feel a huge difference, of course not! Do I push my bike to its limits, no chance. Was it worth spending that much considering my riding habits? Hell no. Still this is me. You do it your own way. What ppl forget here is that new motorcycles’ injection systems are far more intelligent than lets say 10 years ago. They can learn and adjust accordingly. Their supported AFR range is much wider than before. Thats why new Akra full systems dont come with O2 blockers anymore cuz manufacturers like Akra have realized that a stock bike can handle airflow changes to a larger extent. Hope it all make sense.

Last edited:

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
Well I didn’t say I am using a default map. I said you can go and check as a part of your research. As a matter of fact I am using a custom map tuned by a very reputable tuner here in Toronto. Outcome for me? Trivial to zero changes. However I have not hit a track yet. Maybe that extra 10 percent u get from tune, helps.
My experience after plugged in the pc5 is very different than before doing that. Mostly came from throttle response is much smoother and easier to handle at low rpm. I’m daily commuter, not a track guy. I’ve not push my bike to its limit yet. But what i got from pc5 worth the money. Maybe my exhaust system is main different compare to yours. Mine is decat exhaust with slipon pipe on stock pipe and a TBR M2. Mine is not a full system which produced by TBR company :D

Top Bottom