• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R PCV for CB650R

Suryansh_J1NX

CBR650R ABS
Nov 14, 2019
India
Riding Since
Why are you asking us and not DynoJet? They would be the ones to tell you what to do and know what can work where and how. They would a MUCH better source.....

I did buddy! Haven't received a reply from them till yet. And the reason I am asking this from you guys is because you guys had installed it on your bikes and could shed some knowledge into the matter. I am a beginner in all this speaking very frankly and imma just trynna gain some knowledg le about this that's all! And thanks again for your opinion bro! 🙂

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
I did buddy! Haven't received a reply from them till yet. And the reason I am asking this from you guys is because you guys had installed it on your bikes and could shed some knowledge into the matter. I am a beginner in all this speaking very frankly and imma just trynna gain some knowledg le about this that's all! And thanks again for your opinion bro! 🙂
Update latest firmware and you good to go. I'm also doing it and not setup O2 sensor eliminator kit for my 650F. Dynojet has said it's ok to keep 02 sensor wherever it is. That why after that with same 16-052 part number but do not have O2 sensor eliminator kit anymore. I brought one of the first version of PC5 for 650F, on the box it's mention use for 2014 CB/CBR650F and mine is 2018. What i did it upgrade latest firmware and ignore about O2 sensor until when can i tune my bike and get advices from professional tuner. At that point they will tell me what should be done.

Suryansh_J1NX

CBR650R ABS
Nov 14, 2019
India
Riding Since
Update latest firmware and you good to go. I'm also doing it and not setup O2 sensor eliminator kit for my 650F. Dynojet has said it's ok to keep 02 sensor wherever it is. That why after that with same 16-052 part number but do not have O2 sensor eliminator kit anymore. I brought one of the first version of PC5 for 650F, on the box it's mention use for 2014 CB/CBR650F and mine is 2018. What i did it upgrade latest firmware and ignore about O2 sensor until when can i tune my bike and get advices from professional tuner. At that point they will tell me what should be done.

Thanks a lot buddy!! Will buy the previous pcv and install it on the bike. Will update you guys after I do this! And thanks again everyone!

Fezbruv

CB650R
Jun 23, 2020
Riding Since
Hey, Guys just looking for some opinions.

I have installed the De-restriction Flutes and the PC5 which was really easy to do and setup.

I'm running the map from dyno jet with the Akrapovic and aftermarket filter and it is running as normal and does not smell lean.

I was told different things from different tuners my trusted one said it's fine to ride it with that tune and I am booked in to have it dyno tuned next week.

And another guy said I shouldn't have even ridden it but he is a different tuner I was just looking for opinions more people saying it'll be fine on the dyno jet tune for now until I get the custom one.

Cheers,
Hayden

Fezbruv

CB650R
Jun 23, 2020
Riding Since
Just for anyone who needs some info in the future.

I have installed the De-restriction Flutes and the PC5 which was really easy to do and setup.

I have taken it to the tuner with the stock map from Dyno Jet which once run on the dyno was running quiet lean as you would expect and the fuel was taken out of the top end causing the power to drop alot past 9k rpms.

Stock Restricted Power 45hp

With PC5 and Dyno jet stock map 54hp

With custom tune setup 94.9hp

Just want to clarify as someone said in this forum there was no need to flash the ECU PC5 ( 16-052 ) and the flutes were all that was needed to get back the bikes full power.

This was all done in Australias aswell for any other Aussies that were confused I hope it helps.

115805028_794679777735578_5703455852855395495_n (2).jpg

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam

I have taken it to the tuner with the stock map from Dyno Jet which once run on the dyno was running quiet lean as you would expect and the fuel was taken out of the top end causing the power to drop alot past 9k rpms.

Just want to clarify as someone said in this forum there was no need to flash the ECU PC5 ( 16-052 ) and the flutes were all that was needed to get back the bikes full power.

This was all done in Australias aswell for any other Aussies that were confused I hope it helps.

View attachment 7947
Update latest firmware for the pc5 for bug fixes and enhancements. No need to but should do

Henry zhou

CB650R
Jul 13, 2020
Riding Since

View attachment 7947
Hi buddy
Can you send me a copy of custom tune setup?

Gpartida

CB650R ABS
Dec 30, 2019
Can anyone say if doing a dynojet remap would fix or at least greatly improve the snatchy on/off throttle of the cb650r at very low speed? Yes I know I can feather the clutch, but I do a lot of low speed manueveribg courses for fun and the cb650r's stock snatchiness is reaaally excessive compared to the two SV650's I owned before (both were fuel injected so it isn't about getting used to FI bikes)

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Blank the pair valves first. See existing threads for details.

A pcv will help more due to a custom map, again we have several long threads on here which have a wealth of knowledge in them.

J

Gpartida

CB650R ABS
Dec 30, 2019
Oh didn't know about the pair valves. I will definitely start by just blocking the hose for them with something and see if I get the results I want before attempting the more involved full delete. Thanks!

Top Bottom