• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's PAIR Valve Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbat

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
As soon as I took off the lower half of airbox and saw the rats nest to get at the valves, I opted for leaving and capping hose. As I see, the minimal weight reduction is not worth removing.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Yes, as Aaron demonstrated in the first post (you can read the colour bands on the resistor in the picture to verify). 24R is also smack in the middle of the correct resistance range for the PAIR solenoid according to the service manual.

J

Cbat

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
I see above mention of capping hoses (plural). I just capped the one hose that connects to the airbox. Am I missing something? Should I have capped two? I don't see any difference in doing so.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Nothing has been noted that the top of the 650r engine is any different around the exhaust area.

You'll need the resistor to trick the ecu. Unless you're not removing the pipework.

Cracker

CB650R
May 18, 2019
Will be removing pipeworks, no need for it, so will be looking for the resistor, pretty sure it was mentioned earlier what kind i need.
will take the chance and order the block off plates :stop:

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Will be removing pipeworks, no need for it, so will be looking for the resistor, pretty sure it was mentioned earlier what kind i need.
will take the chance and order the block off plates :stop:

From the service manual, is this info useful?

STANDARD: 23 – 27 Ω (20°C/68°F)

Cracker

CB650R
May 18, 2019
It's sounds much nicer with them blanked off - but only do that if you have removed the stock exhaust and replaced with one that does NOT have a catalytic converter in it.

J

Block off plates from smart moto - Greece, arriving in a few days.

Will be getting the akra later on, maybe not until next season.

Is it a no go to install the block off plates with stock exhaust on my cb650r 2019 ?? Does hurt something ?

Last edited:

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Block off plates from smart moto - Greece, arriving in a few days.

Will be getting the akra later on, maybe not until next season.

Is it a no go to install the block off platws with stock exhaust on my cb650r 2019 ?? If so in will just wait until i swap exhaust... Im just eager to do some modding :)

Get a set of JIS Screw drivers. Do NOT strip the air box intake funnels screws!

Cracker

CB650R
May 18, 2019
Get a set of JIS Screw drivers. Do NOT strip the air box intake funnels screws!
Will be having JIS screw drivers ready.

The point of my last post was really about stock exhaust and pair valve block off plates, why is this combo a bad idea ? Does it mess up the cat or something ?

Edit: removed stupid question on JIS screw drivers vs phillips.... :]
Thanks

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Yes! It will ruin the stock exhaust. The pair protects the catalytic converter. Having said that do u care about hurting the cat ?

Cracker

CB650R
May 18, 2019
Oh wow, i will just have patience and wait for the akrapovic exhaust before applying the block off plates mod.

Dont want to ruin the stock exhaust cat, who knows - might sell the akrapovic seperatly one day, in that case it would be nice to have a fully working exhaust to put back on.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom