• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's PAIR VALVE REMOVAL (improved version)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Once plugged I should have no further issues with the bucket of bolts sounds coming off throttle right? Or do I actually need remove the reeds and disconnect the solenoid to avoid the noise. That's my biggest problem/complaint
As Brammers @Brammers said, it will rid you of most of the noise. But it can still make noise because you’ve not removed anything so if you want it all to be gone you’ll need blanking plates or rubber caps and to remove the pump and block off the passageways It leaves behind.

keykey

CB650F
Jul 1, 2019
Once plugged I should have no further issues with the bucket of bolts sounds coming off throttle right? Or do I actually need remove the reeds and disconnect the solenoid to avoid the noise. That's my biggest problem/complaint

I have a 2018 CB650F, I plugged the PAIR Hose connected to the airbox with a sawed-off brake caliper slide pin from a car. The slide pin fit into the airbox, and the thicker part goes into the hose, so the hose is completely blocked. I figured if i ever want to revert to stock, it will be easier to remove than a marble.

I did nothing else, the complete pair system is still in place and connected. The "bag of bolts" noise is completely gone. Very quick and effective method of blocking the PAIR.

Luke8188

CBR650F ABS
Jun 18, 2021
Riding Since
Anyone know the size of the hole in the air box that needs blocking on a 2016 cbr650f? Want to get an appropriate sized plug before I start the job of changing air filter and also plugging the PAIR hole in the air box. Cheers

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
Anyone know the size of the hole in the air box that needs blocking on a 2016 cbr650f? Want to get an appropriate sized plug before I start the job of changing air filter and also plugging the PAIR hole in the air box. Chee
I ended up buying like 4 sizes of these from home Depot and none of them fit perfectly. I can't remember which size I used but I had to shave off some of the rubber to fit perfectly. If you can afford to drop $5 on a few of these sizes one of them will work. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...em_mobile-_-202975137-_-204273762-_-N#overlay

Top Bottom