• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Oxford heated grips for my CBR650R

The Bysh

CB650R ABS
May 5, 2021
Riding Since
Just fitted a set of Oxford heated grips to my 2019 CBR650R.
No problems with fitting (except shaving down the throttle tube), however, where do you store the excess wiring ?
Mine is currently in a plastic waterproof cover under the headstock and secured by plastic security wires.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
I connected mine to the accessory socket on the LHS side of the tank and because it's a much shorter run than from the battery you have even more cable to conceal.

I just coiled it up, cable tied it as you've done and had no issues at all. I managed to conceal some of the bound up wiring in the LHS fairing too which helped. I remember it taking a while to figure it all out.

TRogers91

CB650R ABS
Apr 22, 2021
Riding Since
I connected mine to the accessory socket on the LHS side of the tank and because it's a much shorter run than from the battery you have even more cable to conceal.

I just coiled it up, cable tied it as you've done and had no issues at all. I managed to conceal some of the bound up wiring in the LHS fairing too which helped. I remember it taking a while to figure it all out.

Did you fit an inline fuse or anything Rafe, or just connect strait up to the accessory wiring?

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Did you fit an inline fuse or anything Rafe, or just connect strait up to the accessory wiring?
No need. The Oxford heated grips come with a 5 amp inline fuse IIRC so you are protected. The accessory socket is how you connect the Honda OEM heated grips so you're using it for the same purpose effectively.

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Forgot to mention, to connect to the socket you'll need the connector. All the info here to avoid duplication:

Top Bottom