Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Luggage OG Luggage vs Kriega US50

beneweis

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #1
Hey there,

picking up my CBR650R in July - btw those delivery times in Germany are ridiculous, ordered the bike in mid March, either it is selling really well or Honda is only shipping homeopathic amounts over here - and already planning my first longish trip to Estonia. Any of you ever fitted a Kriega US50 (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) on the bike? Kinda worried it might be too chubby for the little guy.
Also what is the deal with the Honda original luggage set? Is ot water proof? Whats the capacity? There seems to be very little info on it or am I just missing it?

Other recommendations for not completely crappy looking luggage solutions are also always welcome. Thanks!

RickySea

CBR650R ABS
That’s a long lead time! My local Honda dealer (in Edinburgh, Scotland) had a couple in stock but only because they sensed it would be popular and over-ordered. I’m still having to wait 3 weeks though - adding heated grips and a quickshifter and their workshop is busy. Anyway, luggage... I found this vid helpful and I’m 99% sure I’ll buy the T40 ahead of my bike being ready.

cbr650r1234

CBR650R ABS
I use the Kriega r30 backpack in combination with the 20L rear seat pack and this seems to work pretty well.

I wouldn't see the 50 comb setup as being an issue for the bike but fitting is a different story. It's not overly difficult but you would need to use Kriega's 'universal' fitting method, there's videos on their website for advice (e-mail them as well!).

When I installed the 20L it was ideal because the OEM seat has loops on the rear (providing enough tension), so you just need to install Kriega's straps at the front of the seat (there are holes in the CBRs frame to assist), just remove toolkit first and you're installed within 15 mins. The r30 backpack is really good as well, even at full weight.

Please also read the manual as there's a ridiculously LOW kg value for putting additional weight/rider luggage onto the bike.

I can take other close-up photos if you want, as it's a really nice fixing to the bike and is tucked into the bike seat itself rather than wrapping around the bike.

Attachments

Last edited: