• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R OEM Windshield (Meter Visor Kit)

m3_tristan

CB650R ABS
Oct 21, 2020
Riding Since
I'm looking to purchase one for my CB650R but the part number for the 650r doesn't seem to exist anymore (08R70-MKN-D50).

Is the visor for the cb1000r the same (08R72-MKJ-D00)?

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
Curious about this, does anyone know if this visor will fit on the 2021 Cb650R? Also, is the current visor stay kit the one needed for this?

Patent

CB650R ABS
May 19, 2020
Riding Since
Having just fitted one, it makes a surprising difference at motorway / highway speeds. It's still windy, but reduced enough to make a long journey less tortuous

mrtnbrks

CB650R
Jan 21, 2021
Riding Since
Curious about this, does anyone know if this visor will fit on the 2021 Cb650R? Also, is the current visor stay kit the one needed for this?
I recently bought and fitted this to my 21 CB650R and fitted fine.

I can’t comment on finding it for a decent price though, took me ages to talk myself around to paying £100+ for the visor and then another £30 for the brackets!

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
Having just fitted one, it makes a surprising difference at motorway / highway speeds. It's still windy, but reduced enough to make a long journey less tortuous
Yeah, I figured it would help somewhat. I know it will help with the small whistling noise that seems to happen with the air passing through the back of the dash or tachometer.

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
I recently bought and fitted this to my 21 CB650R and fitted fine.

I can’t comment on finding it for a decent price though, took me ages to talk myself around to paying £100+ for the visor and then another £30 for the brackets!
Yeah...I'm debating paying for the cost of it, it's definitely steep. I've debated purchasing the newer OEM smoke visor that's available, but torn on the look of it. Never been one for windscreens much.

Patent

CB650R ABS
May 19, 2020
Riding Since
I think the bike looks better without, but the metal one looks better than the smoked one, even if it's less useful.

I've read about the whistle over the guage but I've never heard it personally. I think I do have quite a loud helmet though

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
I think the bike looks better without, but the metal one looks better than the smoked one, even if it's less useful.

I've read about the whistle over the guage but I've never heard it personally. I think I do have quite a loud helmet though
Yeah the bike does look better without. If the Rizoma visor was much cheaper, I'd consider it as it's pretty minimal and basically just covers up the back of the dash and is smoked. For that asking price though, I'd just go with the Meter visor. The whistle isn't bad, I hear it here and there, I'm mainly more deciding to put a visor to help just a little for the high winds on long rides. I'm used to naked bikes and long rides, so can deal with the winds if needed. Maybe waiting to see if anything else releases for minimal visors.

mrtnbrks

CB650R
Jan 21, 2021
Riding Since
Before I bought the bike I preferred it without the visor but then started buying the other stainless bits for the bit and thought it fitted more.

The whistling is interesting though, I found it really bad when I first had the bike but I had bought a new helmet at the same time so assumed it was that. But when I went out on Friday, which was the first time with the visor, I really did seem to have gone away.

I’ll have to go out without ear plugs next time to make sure.

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
Before I bought the bike I preferred it without the visor but then started buying the other stainless bits for the bit and thought it fitted more.

The whistling is interesting though, I found it really bad when I first had the bike but I had bought a new helmet at the same time so assumed it was that. But when I went out on Friday, which was the first time with the visor, I really did seem to have gone away.

I’ll have to go out without ear plugs next time to make sure.
Yeah I'm curious as to what you notice without the ear plugs. Let us know!

mrtnbrks

CB650R
Jan 21, 2021
Riding Since
So rode in to work today no ear plugs and no whistle at all.

So the front visor definitely has cleared the whistle I had previously so it was coming up over the clocks and wasn’t my helmet. Oops.

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
So rode in to work today no ear plugs and no whistle at all.

So the front visor definitely has cleared the whistle I had previously so it was coming up over the clocks and wasn’t my helmet. Oops.
Hehe, thanks for the update! I ended up going with the OEM smoke visor and will pop that on over the weekend to test out.

Top Bottom