• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F O2 Sensor too short.

Allan

CB650F ABS
Mar 9, 2018
Melbourne
Hi Guys.

Last night whilst fitting my new akra pipe to my CB650F (2016) I found that my O2 sensor is roughly about 20cm too short, no matter which way I try to re route the wire it always ends up short. Has anyone encountered this same problem?
I am able to make the cable longer but thought I would see if anyone else had the same problem.
(Was fitted with my mate who is a qualified mechanic)
Thanks in advance.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Akra should send you an extension with the pipe. It’s VERY tight, you may need to pull the harness down a bit to get it to fit. I think.

Mines been on a while and my memory isn’t super great but I can tell you I remember it took a while to get it exactly right, really look at the directions because it only goes in one way.

Allan

CB650F ABS
Mar 9, 2018
Melbourne
Akra should send you an extension with the pipe. It’s VERY tight, you may need to pull the harness down a bit to get it to fit. I think.

Mines been on a while and my memory isn’t super great but I can tell you I remember it took a while to get it exactly right, really look at the directions because it only goes in one way.

Thanks for your input. I think I might just route it the same way Honda had it and just extend the wire, quite annoyed that I paid $2000.00 and the pipe is not a bolt off bolt on. But hey nothing can ever be easy.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Thanks for your input. I think I might just route it the same way Honda had it and just extend the wire, quite annoyed that I paid $2000.00 and the pipe is not a bolt off bolt on. But hey nothing can ever be easy.

Here’s a link to the Akra site with the install instructions:

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorc.../documents?brandId=30&modelId=747&yearId=4061

It does show an extension and has very detailed pics, especially around page 15, of how to run it.

I remember scratching my head several times trying to get it in correctly but it did go in once I ran it EXACTLY as the pics and description show. It was very close to the oil pan but I and many others on here have not had an issue, and I do remember a few years a member didn’t run it right and burned the sensor wiring up. So look at the pics, read the description and it will go.

Why you don’t want to extend the wires unless you absolutely have to is the sensor is a very low current, very specific reading device and altering the cabling could change the readings will cause the bike to run poorly.

I will again say what I said in another Akra question thread, that Akra does their homework above really any other exhaust company aside from a custom, one off shop so the odds something needs modifying or is somehow wrong is very slight. But if it is they will help you out, contact them to be sure a wrong exptension didn’t get sent. It’s tight and barely fits, my bike is in storage or I’d look for you where it was run.

You will get what you paid for if you follow the directions, it will bolt right on, mine did as did all the others sold.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Op, how’d you make out?

I realized the last reply may have sounded a little dickish, and I apologize if that’s how it came across to you as well. My point was Akra makes a quality product and more than likely it wasn’t a physical defect but that you weren’t following the directions EXACTLY as written, something we all do from time to time. Lots of guys on here have their pipes on their bike with zero issues, the odds that this was a bad harness are fairly small but can happen. The comment that you paid $2k for something that was supposed to be bolt on and wasn’t rubbed me wrong because it is bolt on if you do it correctly and follow the directions exactly.

We’re here to help. I wish this endless winter would finally cease so I could dig the bike out to take a picture for you but we just got slammed with another 12” of snow yesterday with another 4-5” is expected today so digging it out isn’t going to possible for quite some time yet. I remember having to try it a few times to get it right and I think it was closer to the oil pan than I thought it should be but works great. Once I was fond I stared at the directions and realized that’s exactly what they were showing.

Top Bottom