• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Fs No Power

Chevalier

CB650F ABS
Jun 19, 2022
Riding Since
Purchased a 2018 CB650FA in October 2021. Had no issues, took out the battery and put it on a charger in November. When I replaced the battery last week I heard a buzzing sound while it was off. Checked the leads and reinstalled the battery but this time I heard nothing and had no power. Thinking it could be a battery issue, I purchased a new Lithium battery and checked the fuses but still nothing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Not being silly but is it plugged in the right way around? Many people get this wrong because the battery lays in its side.

Also, check the big 30a fuse too. That one usually pops if a battery goes in backwards.

J

Chevalier

CB650F ABS
Jun 19, 2022
Riding Since
Not being silly but is it plugged in the right way around? Many people get this wrong because the battery lays in its side.

Also, check the big 30a fuse too. That one usually pops if a battery goes in backwards.

J
I thought that as well but followed the manual for reinstallation...positive to positive.

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
Take a picture of the battery installed in the bike and post it please.
Yes, recently we had a case here on the forum. It´s very easy (if you don´t pay attention) to install it with inverted polarity. And if you did it, almost sure you have at least an open fuse. No power, if the battery is OK, must be a fuse upstream in the circuit.
Doublecheck it...

Chevalier

CB650F ABS
Jun 19, 2022
Riding Since
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20220622_130012.jpg
    20220622_130012.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220622_130327.jpg
    20220622_130327.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 28

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hope this helps.
So that’s looking correct, which is great. The battery is VERY easy to hook up incorrectly, It fits weird the “correct” way and looks right the “wrong” way.

But let me ask: did you maybe hook it up incorrectly at one point or did something spark when you hooked it up? What does it do with the old or another battery in it? What voltage is the battery showing?

I’d start looking around at the fuses coming off the battery and be sure to test them, not just look at them. I haven’t been working on a 650 for several years now but I believe the main 30 amp fuse is located under a cover, and not the one easily seen which is a spare. Let us know what you find.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Purchased a 2018 CB650FA in October 2021. Had no issues, took out the battery and put it on a charger in November. When I replaced the battery last week I heard a buzzing sound while it was off. Checked the leads and reinstalled the battery but this time I heard nothing and had no power. Thinking it could be a battery issue, I purchased a new Lithium battery and checked the fuses but still nothing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
is the Buzzing noise coming from the battery or the fuse box?
This can be helpful:

Chevalier

CB650F ABS
Jun 19, 2022
Riding Since
So that’s looking correct, which is great. The battery is VERY easy to hook up incorrectly, It fits weird the “correct” way and looks right the “wrong” way.

But let me ask: did you maybe hook it up incorrectly at one point or did something spark when you hooked it up? What does it do with the old or another battery in it? What voltage is the battery showing?

I’d start looking around at the fuses coming off the battery and be sure to test them, not just look at them. I haven’t been working on a 650 for several years now but I believe the main 30 amp fuse is located under a cover, and not the one easily seen which is a spare. Let us know what you find.
Thank you all. Such a noob...switched out the fuses including the main. Everything's working fine.

Top Bottom