• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

New to Forum, relatively new to me bike

SkierSailorBikerGuy

CBR650F ABS
Oct 15, 2018
Hey folks,

Just thought I'd say hello! Only just found this forum, I see it really is a big mix of countries the world over which is cool. So far I've found some useful bits of advice on brands etc available for different parts.

So a bit about me, mostly a fair weather rider, had the bike since end of June and done about 1700 Miles so far. I won't be putting her to bed fully over the winter - gotta be ready for those crisp sunny Sundays! No mods yet, not looking to do much to it either yet - I'm still on the A2 licence for another year so no point doing and exhaust mods etc until restrictor removed. Looking at a tail tidy, and a double bubble for now.

I'm based in Suffolk, UK. Keen to go on more ride-outs in the new year when people come back out of hibernation and find some more regular haunts for bacon baps and cups of tea.

I've started a motovlog channel on youtube - YT username the same as here; SkierSailorBikerGuy. Content will be somewhat few and far between, but I plan to make more, shorter videos in the new year when I've got a bit more to talk about/do/show. Any mods or anything I'm sure will be documented on there, and I'll try to document events that I go to.

After reading all that you'll want to see pics I'm sure!! She's a Tri-Colour CBR650F ABS, still trying to work out a name for her (suggestions welcome), and I love her to pieces. Actually looking forward to getting myself a paddock stand, on a nice Honda bike carpet, stripping her fairings and tickling her exhaust headers with a spot of polish!

Nice to join the forum, I hope its a good atmosphere and can maybe meet a few locals!

Cheers, James

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 22

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Welcome James.

We're not a bad bunch really 😁

Hampshire here, so we may cross paths at some point on a group meet. Check out the linked fb group as well.

J

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Hi James,Your bike looks good, and you are right by not jumping into mods,but don't you think your name for the
Motovlog is a bit long SkierSailorBikerGuy but i guess you can always add on to the name in the future.Welcome James!

SkierSailorBikerGuy

CBR650F ABS
Oct 15, 2018
Hi! What a great introduction. Great choice of bike. I'm guessing this is your first bike?
Don't leave picking a name to me though or you'll end up calling the bike "Bikey McBikerson" or something.
A friend of mine actually works for the company that owns and runs Boaty McBoatface... funny thing is there are actually 6 of those now!

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
A second vote for bikey mcbikeface. I’ve never named a vehicle, never seen the point. That said I may now have a name for mine...

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a target bike? If so what is it?

SkierSailorBikerGuy

CBR650F ABS
Oct 15, 2018
A second vote for bikey mcbikeface. I’ve never named a vehicle, never seen the point. That said I may now have a name for mine...

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a target bike? If so what is it?
Lol yeah I haven’t either, but a bike, it’s more personal than a car I feel!

Target bikes - at some point I want a 1998 Yamaha R1 in red and white. Also definitely want a Panigale at some point!!!

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
Lol yeah I haven’t either, but a bike, it’s more personal than a car I feel!

Target bikes - at some point I want a 1998 Yamaha R1 in red and white. Also definitely want a Panigale at some point!!!

Both good choices. I'd definitely go for the R1 of a couple of years later though, I can't be dealing with carbs. I always wanted a sports bike but always found them too uncomfortable, maybe because of my size. I think my next bike may have to be one though, before I'm too old. For name alone I've always wanted a Fireblade, the Panigale pips it in the looks department though.

Top Bottom