• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CB650F New owner!! So excited

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Well I did it, picking up my new 2018 CB650F this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a decent cover that fits our bikes?

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Congrats!

Noticed you're in BC from other thread. Ask the autoplan agent about Aviva or Beacon for the collision and comprehensive insurance (way better than buying all through ICBC)

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Congrats!

Noticed you're in BC from other thread. Ask the autoplan agent about Aviva or Beacon for the collision and comprehensive insurance (way better than buying all through ICBC)
Thanks, dealer suggested/deals with Beacon, I have a quote from my autoplan (Western Coast/ Coast Capital?) and Megson Fitzpatrick that seemed comparable and good coverage.

Can anyone confirm @hondaprokevin 's overall measurements of the 2018 cb650f? I want to make sure i can fit it through my door (31"wide with door off, 30" door on)

Dimensions (LxWxH) 2110 x 755 x 1145mm

755mm is 29.7" so I should be good IMO

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Congrats!!!

Any standard, medium or sportbike sized cover will work great on your bike. I’ve used everything from cheap Walmart generic covers to fairly expensive custom covers (my Ducati had a specially for the SS, made by Ducati cover) and they all work fine for what they need to do. The one thing I do know if you will get what you pay for with these so pay as much as you’re comfortable with to get a quality cover if you want it to last.

My personal favorites are the Nelson Rigg brand. I have some of various price points that are everything from dust covers to an all weather covers I use on my Triumph when we go down south and it spends 10 days outside in the weather. Follow their fit and buying guides, don’t over think their recommendations and you’ll be good. However I just bought a cheapo Bilt brand one from Cycle Gear to use on my dads Trail 125. It’s stored indoors and I just want to keep the dust off and protect it a bit, so the cheap ones can work great if it’s just a dust cover.

If you want really want a good custom cover you can even trailer with, look up Geeza covers. Very good, but very expensive.

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Congrats!!!

Any standard, medium or sportbike sized cover will work great on your bike. I’ve used everything from cheap Walmart generic covers to fairly expensive custom covers (my Ducati had a specially for the SS, made by Ducati cover) and they all work fine for what they need to do. The one thing I do know if you will get what you pay for with these so pay as much as you’re comfortable with to get a quality cover if you want it to last.

My personal favorites are the Nelson Rigg brand. I have some of various price points that are everything from dust covers to an all weather covers I use on my Troumoh when we go down south and it spends 10 days outside in the weather. Follow their fit and buying guides, don’t over think their recommendations and you’ll be good. However I just bought a cheapo Bilt brand one from Cycle Gear to use on my dads Trail 125. It’s stored indoors and I just want to keep the dust off and protect it a bit, that’s why the cheap ones can work great.

If you want really want a good custom cover you can even trailer with, look up Geeza covers. Very good, but very expensive.
I think I'm going to try and keep it in the house/apartment

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since