• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R New Front End

taifei

CB650R ABS
Apr 18, 2020
Riding Since
Hey, I noticed your orange reflectors are gone. Did you remove the bracket as well? If you did, what did you do with the ABS line that is clipped into one of the brackets?

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Hey, I noticed your orange reflectors are gone. Did you remove the bracket as well? If you did, what did you do with the ABS line that is clipped into one of the brackets?

Hi
mine is a NON ABS model, so I do not have the line clipped to the bracket, sorry mate
But I did remove the brackets and applied some 3M reflective vinyl and the 2 sides of the mudguard.

taifei

CB650R ABS
Apr 18, 2020
Riding Since
K np, I think Thai bikes do not come with the reflectors and I found a hole that the abs line can clip into. It seems like it is how the Thai bikes secure the line. I only found 1 picture as reference but it doesn't seem like it would cause any problems.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
you got some leakage on your middle pipe?
try this product

my previous CBR300r has after market exhaust leakage too, so I bought this gasket sealant to seal the gap, it worked out very well

since the exhaust is brand new I don’t think it’s an option that I have to take for fixing something that is clearly a defective unit

I thought of using a gasket maker, but is still something that I don’t have to deal with it

however today I shipped it back and hopefully will be back in a month

With the stock exhaust there is a big loss of power, and the engine response is way worse.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
That's very interesting. Is it that noticeable then?

It is
I really didn’t notice at first once installed, I gradually realized there was a gain of power
but going back to stock you realize how much of a difference it can make.
And it makes sense, the stock pipes are around 32mm in diameter, while the sc project are around 39
And the overall flow of the exhaust is very different
The engine really gets muffled and the torque has empty spots with the stock.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
I'm almost tempted to put the stock one back on at the end of this season perhaps just to compare. I need to get some mileage on the Akra first though.

well, if you’re planning to ride in winter season when raining as well, you might want to put back on the stock to preserve the Akra
But if you want to do it just to feel the difference, then I’m telling you not to do it
You still have to change the crush washers ($$) which is really not cost effective
The time going through it is just a pain in the butt
And the loss of lower just makes you regret it of going back to stock

Luka76

CB650R
Jan 6, 2020
[QUOTE = "MrFritz86, post: 27600, membro: 3270"]
Ho già percorso quasi 600 miglia e continua a perdere come prima
Questo video è stato registrato a 500 miglia

[MEDIA = googledrive] 1Fu6Wlf19c-vWFPO-HKAIy1qmygb3OdyT [/ MEDIA]
[/ CITAZIONE]
Ciao, lo scarico è bellissimo ... sono italiano e conosco molto bene il progetto SC ... Hai rimosso il db Killer?
Hai avuto difficoltà?

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
I must change description... I get my Cb650r few days ago...

fair enough 😅

look, this windscreen provides very little protection, it really depends what you're looking for

I do also have the Puig windscreen which is much taller and it definitely gives more protection, especially on the chest and neck areas.

I use the Honda OEM for the summer and the Puig for the winter.

Pawoz1987

CB650R ABS
Oct 14, 2019
Poland
Riding Since
Thnak You very much for so fast reply... I am looking for this windscreen because I like look of it, if i get little wind protecion at 120-130 km/h it would be great. I look for puig screen but i don't like how it looks. In Poland at winter temperaturs are below 0 celsiuss, so I don;t ride anyway :/

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Thnak You very much for so fast reply... I am looking for this windscreen because I like look of it, if i get little wind protecion at 120-130 km/h it would be great. I look for puig screen but i don't like how it looks. In Poland at winter temperaturs are below 0 celsiuss, so I don;t ride anyway :/

Don’t expect too much from this windscreen
There are other options that might help with wind protection that are still kinda low profile

petesindia

CB650R
Mar 29, 2022
Riding Since
Finally new mods

CB1000R headlight Rim
Honda OEM windscreen just for the summer season
PUIG bar end weight-long silver version
Removed passenger pegs

upcoming:
G2 ergonomic throttle tamer with domino grips
Rear seat cowl (chromosphere red)
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III

View attachment 6388View attachment 6389View attachment 6390
Hi
Are the CB1000R headlight Rim a direct fit for the 650?

Which year CB1000R headlight Rim did you get?
Do you have a part number to help

Thx

Top Bottom