Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Canada Meet Up - Yonge & Wedgewood - August 18th. Discussion/Info here.

Hello New from Vermont

Thread starter #1
Hello all! A few months ago I was at a local car auction and saw this bike come up on the block. It's a 2015 CBR650f that was in an accident. There was no key with the auction so the mileage was unknown. After looking at the bike and the tires (which were the OEM tires) I decided to take a crack at bidding because the tires were barely worn. I ended up winning the bid at $600 and taking the bike home. I got a new key cut and threw a battery in it from another motorcycle of mine and the bike has 1,200miles! SCORE! It needs quite a bit, but it runs excellent and the frame isn't damaged. Plan is to fix it up and potentially have my g/f learn how to ride, keep it for myself, or sell it for profit.

Somchai

CBR ABS
Yeah, it needs some work, but still an amazing find for that money.

Welcome here and please keep us posted on the restoration.

Thread starter #5
At this point all I've done is drag it into my garage (yes drag, you can see how one fork tube was broken and the tires wouldn't hold air) and remove the front forks and some of the upper fairings (what was left).
I've ordered new upper fork tubes and seals and a new radiator since the original radiator got hit by the front wheel/forks. I also got a used front wheel off eBay that has zero broken-ness to it!

Where's the best place to do a build thread on this forum?

Thread starter #9
At first I figured I could easily make the $600 back if I parted it out. Then when it started up so easily I knew it was mostly cosmetic (outside of forks and radiator, etc). Plus it's blue, I have a soft spot for blue bikes.