New forum user banner

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
In honour of those who have once owned a 650F, but moved on to pastures new the for staff decided that a title/banner be created especially:

"650F Alumnus"

This is reserved for those that have experience on the 650F, and moved on to another bike but remain active on the forum to share their knowledge and to further contribute so others can benefit.

Our first such member to earn this is Thomas @Thomas, who has moved on to the 650's bigger brother - the CB1000R

Congrats Thomas @Thomas!

From the forum staff.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Wow, thank you!
Thanks for Not kicking me out lol.
Thing is with the CB1000R forum:
The German forum alone has 7000 members, and 30.000 threads with over 250.000 messages.
And because all started in 2008 basically everything you can talk about already got talked about - multiple times. Also the hight of times was between 2012-2016.
Like there are not 4 threads on different tires, there are 4 threads on the M7RR, 6 for the Rosso 3,.........
And people contradict eatch other there - it's insane.
I like this forum and like the 650. Here are not so many but that way you know most of them. People here are friendly and know stuff (better than I do :p).
I also think there will be another 650 at some point in my life. As I already said once, especially the CBR is a perfect second/third bike.
Next to a hooligan Streetfighter and a full on track bike it would be the trusty allrounder for some trips.

Last edited:

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Why go anywhere else! Get yourself a cbr or cr650f or what ever and join in! And have fun!
Who knows, who knows, at some point in the future maybe but definitely not soon. Let´s see how they further develop it and the brand in general.
Looking at the current lineup situation this will be probably my last Honda - at least for a while.

@Thomas Once a friend, always a friend! Some say size isn't important, think they're just jealous(or small). :D
The old does size matter story.
Do I need a 1000cc bike? No
Is it clever and reasonable to get one? No
Do I want one and don´t regret it? Hell yes!

Looking at how things go I got to hurry up it seems. I still want to ride some ICEs (note: not referring to the German high speed trains that are also called ICE).
Shits going down with cars already. I somehow settled with that at least. You only find new Inline/V 6 engines or V8 engines in the real upper range of cars and
I´m sure they will make it much harder and harder for you getting (no, that´s actually not that hard) but driving and upkeeping something older with those bigger engines.
The glorious V10 and Inline 5 beasts are basically almost dead. A 2 litre 4 cylinder now is almost a "big" engine.
And no thank you, I won´t end up in a ridiculous overblown 900cc inline 3 "city SUV". (It seems like they will build nothing except those things at some point. I have to stop writing about modern city SUVs because that´s not good for my blood pressure and is off topic.)
So okay fine. I´ll accept your EVs. Not with much joy but whatever. (As long as it´s no Tesla Model Y, my most hated car in history. There it is again, useless hipster livestyle city SUV :mask:. Stop it Thomas, calm down!)

It´s only a matter of time until it really hits bikes. And no, I don´t want to have an electric bike.
So before sh*t hits the fan I think I got to hurry up and get and ride the stuff I like before it´s too late.
2020 will be the next attack. Euro 5. I can already imagine my lawnmower sounding more raspy then those stock cans. And at some point aftermarket exhaust will be quiet, too.
I now accomplished one of my live goals. At least once owning a 1000cc bike. So if someone says it´s unreasonable and size doesn´t matter and so on: I actually don´t care.
No matter what happens I can now say: Yeah, I owned and enjoyed a 1000cc bike. And no one can take away that memory . :cat:

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Tesla Model Y, my most hated car in history
Quite a feat for a car that isn't even in production yet :)
Besides, don't shit on them Tesla's. A Tesla Model S P90D goes from 0 - 60mph in 2.8 seconds (2.6 if you enable "ludicrous speed"). Your CB1000R takes 3.0 seconds :)
Let's ignore the fact that 1 Tesla gets you 5 or 6 CB1000R's though ;)

Last edited:

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Quite a feat for a car that isn't even in production yet :)
Besides, don't shit on them Tesla's. A Tesla Model S P90D goes from 0 - 60mph in 2.8 seconds (2.6 if you enable "ludicrous speed"). Your CB1000R takes 3.0 seconds :)
Let's ignore the fact that 1 Tesla gets you 5 or 6 CB1000R's though ;)

Where did I say something against the Model S and Tesla in general?
I'm not going to start a debate here.
Just about the X and Y and the whole current City SUVs.
Damn, that term is already a contradiction itself.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
It;s called progress Thomas,move with it!Have you ever rode a electric bike?Well don't knock it until you
try it.I think i would be dead in less than a week if i owned one in thailand[no sound] as there are too many
things jumping out at you over here,but it looks like we are headed that way,and there is nothing we can do
about it.

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
It;s called progress Thomas,move with it!Have you ever rode a electric bike?Well don't knock it until you
try it.I think i would be dead in less than a week if i owned one in thailand[no sound] as there are too many
things jumping out at you over here,but it looks like we are headed that way,and there is nothing we can do
about it.
The Electric race bikes at the TT have come such a long way in such a short space of time....so strange listening to their whine though :(

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
First (sorry, a little late ) congrats to Thomas.

about it.

Yeah, I guess the 650 will be my last petrol bike.
Not only because of my advanced age, but in 5 to 10 years, I expect electric bikes will be a much better proposition.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Sound makes a third of the riding experience - for me. Because of that I would never ride with earplugs/music or a bike which sound I really dislike. Just because something is better it isn´t automatically more fun.

Let´s make it short: I know that it is progress and an electric bike is (or at least will) be better in (almost) every aspect. No question.
And I will move with it because I have to.
But that doesn´t mean I have to like it.
We`ll see how it goes.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Sound makes a third of the riding experience - for me. Because of that I would never ride with earplugs/music or a bike which sound I really dislike.
Ear plugs work wonders for the fatigue that results from long rides at speed.

I don't think you can ever really appreciate it until you try it.

But, some don't mind it as much, which is perfectly cool.

Top Bottom