• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

New for old..er

Davenich

CB650R
Jul 4, 2019
Hi guys,
I am new here and had a CB650R on pre order. Unfortunately due to astronomical vets bills for my 11month old German Shepherd I no longer have the funds to buy the bike.
That said the main dealer has a 2017 CB650F for sale with 700miles only.
It is £2000 less than new. Is this a good alternative?
Thanks for the help

Davenich

CB650R
Jul 4, 2019
Although it is nice to have new I would be getting a bike which is bearly run in I guess. Also the initial depreciation has already been soaked up. Thanks

Reactions: GJP

Forc

CB650R
Jul 2, 2019
I drove a 2016 or 2017 CB650F while getting my license. It's a fun bike and it's very comfortable to ride, it's what made me decide to get a CB650R (I actually planned buying a 2018 CB650F but it got sold before i managed to buy it.) so i ended up with the CB650R. I can say with 100% certainty i personally would have been happy with the CB650F.

Junior J

CB650F ABS
Jan 19, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
Am same could live with CB650F too as this is a good bike the one initially wanted as but couldn't get, again could in time add to it and make it yours and individual to you which is part of being a biker in my mind. We are all individuals but jave common link of bikes however having an individual bike is even better.
Dog is well worth the care like the kids to may people part of family not easily replaced.

Davenich

CB650R
Jul 4, 2019
Thanks so much for the support a d advice. I think used is a good option for me then 😊

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
650F still a good bike, the 650r big update is outlook. The different between F and R version in machine are slipper clutch, few modifications of intake - outtake to gain power ( few hp) and TCS , with 2000 u can upgrade the F later if u want. I have a friend who bought CB1000R Neo sport and turn off all the new technology of the bike to ride it like a dumb bike for more fun - he said.

Davenich

CB650R
Jul 4, 2019
To be honest if I am the the point I am relying on TCS I am probably riding it too hard for my ability 😂.
I would never have the ability to notice the performance difference either so the improvements would be wasted on me.
All your advice has made me feel a lot better about giving up on the new bike.
In any case it is about the ride not the bike. If the bike allows me to enjoy the ride I am happy

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
All your advice has made me feel a lot better about giving up on the new bike.
In any case it is about the ride not the bike. If the bike allows me to enjoy the ride I am happy

Let me tell you, a little more than a year ago I came across a 2007 Kawasaki EX500. My nephew (16) was taking my sister's divorce pretty hard so I figure maybe get him into riding since he loves motorcycles, cars and guns. I go to look at the bike, make the guy an offer and ride the thing home 50 miles.
It needed a lot of work, that I would hope my nephew and I could "bond" by doing ourselves - he could learn to ride and wrench!

After valves, tires, chain, fluids, forks, etc.. that bike was one of THE BEST RIDES I ever had!!! I had just bought my 2018 Versys but was finding it difficult to not jump on the EX and take off. I paid $900 for that bike, put about $300 into the tires and whatnot but was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

Unfortunately, my nephew never touched the bike (he lives with dad in NY) and I sold the bike but, man, that thing was a blast to ride!!! And I'm always looking for another EX500 on CL.

Point is, like you stated above, it's about the ride not the bike!!!

41559266620_45b4133c4e_c.jpg

GJP

CB650R ABS
Apr 25, 2019
To me its a no brainer, dog to vets and still getting a great bike. Well done you

Top Bottom