• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

New CBR650f rider, from Scotland

James1977

CBR650F ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Hello all,

I picked up my 2014 CBR650F on Saturday and am loving it so far. It's my first big bike, after 12 months pootling around on an MT-125. Came with some nice extras, full akra system (can't get baffle out, perhaps this is for the better, lol), rear hugger, cowl etc. Around 4800 miles on the clock. I've only done around 50 miles on the bike so far (rain), am looking forward to getting to know the machine better. So far I've found it a very easy beast to handle, although I did manage spin up the back wheel this morning :-/

Have been searching through old threads on here, and I have to say, this place is very helpful - there isn't a question I could think of that hasn't already been answered!

Anyways nice to meet you,

James

James1977

CBR650F ABS
Aug 14, 2018
It’s in tricolour - wouldn’t have been my first choice, would have preferred solid black, or white. But it’s growing on me! Pics to follow.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
It’s in tricolour - wouldn’t have been my first choice, would have preferred solid black, or white. But it’s growing on me! Pics to follow.
Oh, yeah, my first choice would've been solid white but it wasn't available in the Netherlands. The tricolor scheme actually grew on me quickly and I'm quite fond of it now. I think it expresses a certain cheerfulness that most bikes seem to move away from these days, with their angry faces.

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
Welcome! I got a white one but it was a struggle as they were very limited here in the UK.

Enjoy the bike ! Where about's in Scotland ? I used to live in Aberdeen.

James1977

CBR650F ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks all for the welcoming words. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good in tricolour, I've already had a few compliments from random strangers.

The first thing I've decided to do to it is fit the tech spec tank grips - from what I've read they are well worth it. And my trousers were leaving grubby marks on the tank...

For those that asked, I'm in Edinburgh.

Beansie

CB650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Feb 4, 2018
Stockport
Was kind of hoping you were going to say further north I’ve got a job in Thurso and I’ll be going back next week taking my CB in the van so I can have a blast on some roads and take it to John o groats for a photo 👌

Top Bottom