• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

new bike

doggs

CBR650R ABS
Mar 11, 2019
Yorkshire England
afternoon everyone - just about to set of to pick up new bike
my friends will look down on me as i haven't got the latest hyper 1000 cc super bike like them but i dont care. ive got a lot less debt than them and a bike i can actually ride pretty hard on the road without getting to stupid speeds - well i suppose 150 ish is still a bit stupid but you know what i mean. also i will still be able to walk when we get were we are going - knees not quite what they used to be.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Welcome!

Nothing wrong with Supersports/1000cc's.
But they are purpose built machines and I'm with you. When I finished 3 hr + rides, I was hurting.

Again - purpose built machines, and much of that purpose is on a track.

Nothing wrong with our 650s! And so so much right!

doggs

CBR650R ABS
Mar 11, 2019
Yorkshire England
thanks everyone - got home ok - looks like the weather is turning to sh+t next few days so i suppose i will have to just stare at it for a while. first impressions - very good - quite responsive,light clutch,tacho way to small to see easily and lots of functions on the dash that i have no idea what to do with - litres per inch or miles per sausage - and whats peak hold display / what's a rev indicator and why do need to set a rpm interval setting
- looked at the manual - still no wiser - anyway pleased with the bike so far

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
Welcome. Good luck getting the CBR to 150 :)

Expect 140 on the speedo, or about 130 on the road. But it's plenty fun before then, so enjoy!

J

Ooh, I don't know - I've seen 144 on the speedo on an F, and it was still going. I reckon with that clever ram air they've got on the new one that supposedly liberates an extra 5hp at high speeds (as well as the extra 4bhp as stock) you might just nudge 150 on the speedo down a hill. In theory :D

Top Bottom