• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

New bike for me

Mike

CBR650F ABS
Oct 5, 2017
South Coast England
I know! I would be taking a hit because I've only had my CBR650F for 10months but I'm more worried about the beating I'll get from the missus when I mention about getting another bike

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
Mike did you not think the new Streety felt a little sterile by comparison? I took one out and it wasn't as good as the last version for that raw, fun feeling. It was definitely a better bike but that doesn't always mean better...as we all know.

If you want to have more fun on this bike I found it takes being a bit of a dick head on it. When trying to explain the difference to my girlfriend I said "On this you need to ride like a c**t, whereas the Street Triple was a but of a c**t, so you dont need to." Very grown up when we talk...

Mike

CBR650F ABS
Oct 5, 2017
South Coast England
Mike did you not think the new Streety felt a little sterile by comparison? I took one out and it wasn't as good as the last version for that raw, fun feeling. It was definitely a better bike but that doesn't always mean better...as we all know.

If you want to have more fun on this bike I found it takes being a bit of a dick head on it. When trying to explain the difference to my girlfriend I said "On this you need to ride like a c**t, whereas the Street Triple was a but of a c**t, so you dont need to." Very grown up when we talk...

I just love street triples, I didn’t have the test ride long enough to get a good comparison and the weather was terrible when i took out. I had the previous version and I do regret getting rid of it in some ways but I feel like I’ve extended my life expectancy with CBR but maybe that’s where I’m going wrong with it like you said

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
There is nothing wrong with feeling safer on a bike. I think the thing with the Triumph was that it always felt like it was trying to kill me the second even the notion of rain was mentioned. It was like it was only comfortable above 80. The Honda is like having 2 bikes. A sensible, no fuss commuter. An a to b king. But if you wind it up it's like another bike. I think I need to fit better tyres on it but otherwise it just does everything quite well out of the box.

Mike

CBR650F ABS
Oct 5, 2017
South Coast England
I think the fact I now use the bike for commuting and not enough fun rides is the main problem. The Triumph sounded great(loved the whistle it had!) and had character all through the rev range including the low revs which is where I spend alot of time when commuting and that made it more enjoyable for me. The CBR is so quiet and is quite plain for the commute riding I do which is what I spend most of my time doing. I suppose you can't have it all, its a great bike and I need to do more fun rides and actually use the IL4 how they're designed to be used

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
It's not good for your mpg but I strongly suggest sitting in too low a gear. Once you hit 7000 revs it starts to scream. I've had a few rides where I've been stuck behind someone at 50 in 2nd gear, it brings a smile to my face. That said if you have the older version of the bike I think it was quieter.

Top Bottom