• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

New at this

cbrnoobi

CBR650R ABS
Jun 24, 2024
Riding Since
Recently purchasing a used CBR wildly low miles sub 300 mostly just being concerned with stuff to be aware of. I plan to take it to a Honda mechanic and have them once over. I guess Im just curious if any significant engine damage could have occured in such a small amout of drive time. Honda motors are pretty great if well maintained. Thanks for any advise for maintenance or break in tips would be much appreciated. Also if I am posting in the wrong place sorry again. New at this.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Recently purchasing a used CBR wildly low miles sub 300 mostly just being concerned with stuff to be aware of. I plan to take it to a Honda mechanic and have them once over. I guess Im just curious if any significant engine damage could have occured in such a small amout of drive time. Honda motors are pretty great if well maintained. Thanks for any advise for maintenance or break in tips would be much appreciated. Also if I am posting in the wrong place sorry again. New at this.
Welcome!!!

You posted int he right area, so no worries.

I'll start with the basics: what year, what model, any damage to it? If it's 300 miles on a 2023 I have one set of items to look at, if it's a 2014 I have another.

Basically I would suggest a FULL fluid, batter and all filters replaced if it's more than a year or two2 old, and replace the tires right away if it's more than 4 years old. Check the inside of the tank over VERY well looking for rust or other debris. After that ride it; shouldn't be any issues with a low mileage unit provided the above things are done.

cbrnoobi

CBR650R ABS
Jun 24, 2024
Riding Since
Its a 2022, it seems like he barely rode at all, also said he kept the RPMs low and garage kept.

Top Bottom