neeeeeeext

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
taking full advantage of the carb "off season"..... researching and learning the inner workings of fuel injectors. Experimenting with a new machine (in my possession) with built in reverse flow and ultrasonic capabilities. 1st testbed my Toyota Matrix 2.4 Denso injectors, pulled and cleaned....WOW what a difference. I thought it was running ok at 80K miles, but now discernably smoother (everywhere) and more powerful. I did notice (after cleaning) the spray pattern had dramatically improved. I'll monitor fuel efficiency going forward.

Next up to be my Ducati SS800 (Weber-Marelli injectors) when warmer weather allows.

#comeonspringdammit

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
pics as promise...before/after. Some findings included rock hard (original?) orings, pilot screws set 5 turns out! (way too far), ovaled needle jets (replaced with new)

dNIC1.jpgNIC3.jpg

Last edited:

Ive

CBR650R ABS
May 13, 2020
USA
taking full advantage of the carb "off season"..... researching and learning the inner workings of fuel injectors. Experimenting with a new machine (in my possession) with built in reverse flow and ultrasonic capabilities. 1st testbed my Toyota Matrix 2.4 Denso injectors, pulled and cleaned....WOW what a difference. I thought it was running ok at 80K miles, but now discernably smoother (everywhere) and more powerful. I did notice (after cleaning) the spray pattern had dramatically improved. I'll monitor fuel efficiency going forward.
Hello,

You do fantastic work on carbs. Is injector-cleaning something you're going to offer in the future, or is this more for self-research and learning?
I have an engine-build I'm hoping to pick back up in the summer, and it'd be nice to know of other cleaning-service options other than RC, etc.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
initially, my intent was research, learning, doing my own injector services whether bike or auto. I'd def entertain doing them commercially.

Reactions: Ive

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
checking in after yet another long silence.....currently on a set of 900 Ducati / 38mm Mikuni's left with fuel for 13 years as reported by owner!

Note...the "In process" pics were taken prior to any tuning adjustments.

Anyways.....from this (before) to this (after)

tb2.jpgtb3.jpgtb6.jpg

Top Bottom