Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650R My new Red CBR650R

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Congrats!

Ich ordered the same. In Red with smoked Windshield and red Seatcowl. But i ve to be wait until May.
Do you bought it with Quickshifter too?

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #7
Congrats!

Ich ordered the same. In Red with smoked Windshield and red Seatcowl. But i ve to be wait until May.
Do you bought it with Quickshifter too?
Thanks everyone,
I think you will enjoy the red, paint quality is very high quality, looks very premium.
Yes I did, quick shifter is awesome, I wish it was down also but it's still great.
I was able to pick the first few available in Portugal, this engine is so smooth, no vibration at low rpms, I rode the naked first and the brakes and engine really caught my attention.
It's a very smooth bike till like 8k RPM in a good way, after that you notice it becomes another bike.
I got to change the tires ASAP though and I advise everyone to do the same, I got the dunlops d214 made in Thailand and they are terrible, I already knew Japanese bikes normally get these weird rubber tires, it's a shame because how this bike is able to lean really begs for proper tires.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
fnation25 fnation25

I made the same experience with my old CB650F. It comes on Thaimade Dunlops too. This Tire absolut not work -it was extremly slippery.
Maybe due to German weatherconditions and maybe the Dunlop works better in hot Countries.

I changed it in Metzerel Roadtec and they works absolutly perfect on my CB650F.
And the new CB 650R was delivered on the Metzeler not with the Dunlops. Why not the CBR?:banghead:

Someone told here in the Forum, that the new Batch of CBR650R will arrives on Bridgestones. Can anyone verify this?

But when i get my new one, we will see. And if it comes on Dunlop i will test them and if there are so shitty like before, i will change them too

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Thread starter #9
I live in Portugal, we are with 20ºC, weather was dry, and I don't get much feedback from the tires so I think they just suck.
I'm going to change them in the first service, I'll put some Bridgestone S22.