• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R My Customised Exhaust Piping

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
thanks, is it strict over in the states for the exhaust ?
Depends on your state and area law enforcement. EVERY state and municipality have laws against loud and non-stock exhaust/emissions systems (if you have a cat in the exhaust, it’s part of the emissions system) but not every area has inspections or bothers enforcement.

So it varies quite a bit, even in each state.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Depends on your state and area law enforcement. EVERY state and municipality have laws against loud and non-stock exhaust/emissions systems (if you have a cat in the exhaust, it’s part of the emissions system) but not every area has inspections or bothers enforcement.

So it varies quite a bit, even in each state.
Sounds like Europe! :)

chris.cestero

CBR650F ABS
Jan 9, 2018
Bath UK
That sounds great man! I'm personally prefer the R-11 from Yoshi, however that R-77 is also sweet! I imagine you can just swap end cans if you ever get bored of looks/sound?

Suryansh_J1NX

CBR650R ABS
Nov 14, 2019
India
Riding Since
here you go, ignore the voices, kids' voices etc

Bro how is your bike shooting flames? Are you revving it in cold start?? My cbr650R doesn't shoot flames at all even when revved? What should be done to get these kind of flames??
My bike is installed with full system exhaust with dna air filter and also the rapid bike evo tuning kit.

Arif0124

CBR650F ABS
Oct 19, 2021
Hi,

I know it's an old thread. But wanted to know if you added and power commander or did a remap?

lclclc

CBR650R ABS
Apr 8, 2019
Malaysia
That sounds great man! I'm personally prefer the R-11 from Yoshi, however that R-77 is also sweet! I imagine you can just swap end cans if you ever get bored of looks/sound?

possible, but guess won't be spending such money unless it's a need to change.

That looks and sounds amazing!

I prefer the low slung exhausts. But this does look great.

me too, not that noisy to disturb the neighbourhood

wow its very nice, where is the shop u customize the exhaust

it's over in Malaysia pal, in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.

Bro how is your bike shooting flames? Are you revving it in cold start?? My cbr650R doesn't shoot flames at all even when revved? What should be done to get these kind of flames??
My bike is installed with full system exhaust with dna air filter and also the rapid bike evo tuning kit.

yeah, it was a cold start, no idea why did it shoot flames, but i would say it's the cold start.

Hi,

I know it's an old thread. But wanted to know if you added and power commander or did a remap?

no remaps, no PC added, just removed the battery terminals for 15 mins and re-connect, but i did add a booster plug, now at 3rd gear <20km/h i wont have that jerking problem.

jef200

CB650R ABS
Nov 28, 2021
Corsica
Riding Since
Boosterplug is a very interesting and cheap alternative to Power Commander and Rapid Bike systems.
Ok, it does not allow all tunings you can do with a PowCom or a similar stuff but it will slighlty improve your air/fuel mixture when you change your stock air filter or exhaust.
It takes only a few minutes to install on your airbox and costs 140 EUR / 160 USD with free and quick delivery by DHL.
There is no need to adjust anything, no need for mapping on Dynojet bench or trying to play hours with the Power Com CD-rom on your computer..
I will buy one for my CB650R in a few weeks. I already tested it on my 2 previous bikes (MT07 and GSX-S 750) after changing airfilters and exhauts and honestly, I was very satisfied!
Pls be aware that Boosterplug is not compatible with the 2021 CB/CBR 650 models (the ECU does not "recognize" it and will flash).
Enjoy!

Top Bottom