• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CBR650R My Black Matte CBR

NFRod

CBR650R ABS
Jun 18, 2019
Portugal
R @ray thanks for the suggestion. I have to see something similar here in Europe or cheaper. My helmet cover was 25$ and I had to pay a custom fee because it came from USA. Well... and maybe because I sent 3 xD...

I only need the side ones though. Is it easy to place?

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
yes it was quite easy and simple and does a great job for grip and taking pressure of your hands on long rides i think its a must on a sport bike,
i feel you on the custom issue i paid all most 40% for the evo tech parts but there's no other solution so what can you do ):

NFRod

CBR650R ABS
Jun 18, 2019
Portugal
Found here from UK but it is 110€ with shipping costs... From USA even if I have to pay customs is cheaper.

What is the package size? Because if it looks like a paper or something I guess that they won't stop it. Here in Portugal we pay a 23% custom fee only if the order price is higher then 20€ I think. Plus 12€ because of something that I'll never understand... So packages that don't look expensive they don't stop them.

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
i have no idea :)
some one brought it for me from the us i only paid for it to be shipped to their address in the stats.
but i can't believe it would be to big.

NFRod

CBR650R ABS
Jun 18, 2019
Portugal
Hi!

So, as some of you may know, I ordered a tail tidy from evotech. My biggest problem was to remove the driver seat... Everything else is quite easy.

I9Q2Kwi.jpg

S3Y3V8X.jpg

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
just a suggestion cramp the license plate light quick connectors, or take the quick connectors off and solder the wires together , i think that's the reason my went out so quick (the license plate light died). (they shipped me a replacement but still sucks to take it all apart because of those stupid connectors ).

NFRod

CBR650R ABS
Jun 18, 2019
Portugal
How many times have you replaced it? More than one? Do you know if it is a common issue?

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
How many times have you replaced it? More than one? Do you know if it is a common issue?

Just once and I'm pretty sure its those F&*%ng quick connectors that killed the led so fast ( it made the license plate light go on and off because the connection wasn't solid, by the time I noticed it and soldered it together it was to late a few rides later end it was dead) do your self a favor and play it safe just solder it together.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Don't know about the connectors but the number plate light seems a bit wobbly and doesn't tighten up!

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
Don't know about the connectors but the number plate light seems a bit wobbly and doesn't tighten up!
thankfully i do not have that problem, send them an email the costumer service is pretty good.

Jiyuu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 9, 2019
Damn, I read R @ray comment about dead light the other day and I just noticed mine was off... I taped all my back wires together last weekend to protect them from water, I did check the turn signals but not the licence plate light. I'll remove the tape tomorrow and check whether the light is dead or not. I hope it's only a connection problem. As a non native english speaker, would you mine clarify what you mean by "cramp the licence plate light" please?

ray

CBR650R ABS
Aug 30, 2019
Riding Since
"cramp the license plate light quick connectors". you have the black wire to orange wire connection, and red wire to green wire connection, it connects with those "quick connectors" those suck!!!! i was to lazy to cut those off and solder them together (the first time :) ) and i paid for my laziness haha.
hope yours isn't burnt like mine was.
page36image36791404001581126579821.png1581126579821.png

Top Bottom