• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CB650F My 650f is almost here!

pato

CB650F
Jan 12, 2020
Portugal
Hello everybody!

My name is pato (translates to duck) and I'm from Portugal.
I just bought a honda 650f from 2015. I don't have the bike yet because the dealer is still prepping the bike (normal checkup and oil changes and all).

Since the dealer is far away from where I live, I scheduled the pickup for February. This will be the longest January of my life :nailbiting:
I'll leave you with a photo of the bike that I took at the dealership

ECD80381-0-AE6-4-B83-8919-41-BCC756-D097.jpg

Since I don't have the bike until February, I'll take this opportunity to tell you about my journey in the motorcycle world.

I've always loved motorcycles ever since I can remember. I never had the opportunity of riding motorbikes when I was younger, but my father got me a bicycle and I used to ride that thing everywhere. Something about being on 2 wheels filled my heart with joy and happiness.

I decided that when I got old enough, I would get my license. In my country you need to be 16yo to drive a motorcycle up to 125cc, 18yo if you want to ride a 35kw bike (any cc) or 24yo if you want to ride any bike. I always loved the Honda Hornet. So I decided to wait until I was 24yo to get my full license (and so I did). When I finally got my license some of my motorcycle friends advised me not to buy the hornet and get a CB500 (better beginner bike in their perspective). Being a good friend and listening to the voice of experience I bought a CB500 from 2001 and rode it 15000km (9320miles) until I blew the engine. The engine blew essentially because of poor maintenance and a little bit of to much hard riding. I was devastated and for some reason I stopped riding, sold the CB500 (without the engine) and forgot about motorcycles for 2 years.

Well, 2 years later here I am. Ready for my new bike and overwhelmed with joy and excitement.
I hope you all liked my yellow monster and I'll be sure to update you when the bike comes home.

Peace out!
pato

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Welcome! Looks striking in yellow! Appears very well kept in no less than spectacular condition. How many km or miles are on it?

pato

CB650F
Jan 12, 2020
Portugal
Welcome! Looks striking in yellow! Appears very well kept in no less than spectacular condition. How many km or miles are on it?
Around 10k kms or 6123 miles. The previous owner did small commutes so the bike is almost as new as it can be :angelic:

thanks for the warm welcome!

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Wise choice in purchase, a great score on your part! Provided YOU do your part with maintenance that 650 will deliver many km/miles and years of service...Honda quality! Welcome to Honda ownership yet again!

mako

CB650R ABS
Dec 19, 2019
FL
Wow! I am not usually a fan of yellow for anything, but for some reason I am really digging the look of that bike. Congrats!

Top Bottom