Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CB650F My 650f is almost here!

pato

CB650F
Thread starter #1
Hello everybody!

My name is pato (translates to duck) and I'm from Portugal.
I just bought a honda 650f from 2015. I don't have the bike yet because the dealer is still prepping the bike (normal checkup and oil changes and all).

Since the dealer is far away from where I live, I scheduled the pickup for February. This will be the longest January of my life :nailbiting:
I'll leave you with a photo of the bike that I took at the dealership

ECD80381-0-AE6-4-B83-8919-41-BCC756-D097.jpg

Since I don't have the bike until February, I'll take this opportunity to tell you about my journey in the motorcycle world.

I've always loved motorcycles ever since I can remember. I never had the opportunity of riding motorbikes when I was younger, but my father got me a bicycle and I used to ride that thing everywhere. Something about being on 2 wheels filled my heart with joy and happiness.

I decided that when I got old enough, I would get my license. In my country you need to be 16yo to drive a motorcycle up to 125cc, 18yo if you want to ride a 35kw bike (any cc) or 24yo if you want to ride any bike. I always loved the Honda Hornet. So I decided to wait until I was 24yo to get my full license (and so I did). When I finally got my license some of my motorcycle friends advised me not to buy the hornet and get a CB500 (better beginner bike in their perspective). Being a good friend and listening to the voice of experience I bought a CB500 from 2001 and rode it 15000km (9320miles) until I blew the engine. The engine blew essentially because of poor maintenance and a little bit of to much hard riding. I was devastated and for some reason I stopped riding, sold the CB500 (without the engine) and forgot about motorcycles for 2 years.

Well, 2 years later here I am. Ready for my new bike and overwhelmed with joy and excitement.
I hope you all liked my yellow monster and I'll be sure to update you when the bike comes home.

Peace out!
pato

Wise choice in purchase, a great score on your part! Provided YOU do your part with maintenance that 650 will deliver many km/miles and years of service...Honda quality! Welcome to Honda ownership yet again!