Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CBR650F My 2016 cbr650f won’t start

1ATorres

CBR650F
Thread starter #1
I have a 2016 cbr650f. It was in a parking spot and someone knocked it over. At first it seemed as if it wanted to start when I would turn the key. The dashboard would light up and I would hear it trying to crank. But now nothing happens. I checked the battery and it is still good. I also checked the fuses. At this point I’m thinking that if may be the tilt sensor. Does anyone know what the problem may be?????

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
When you say nothing happens, explain what was happening and what now isn’t.

Also, how did you check the battery was good?

What fuses did you check and how?

1ATorres

CBR650F
Thread starter #3
When you say nothing happens, explain what was happening and what now isn’t.

Also, how did you check the battery was good?

What fuses did you check and how?
When the bike first dropped and I tried to start it up the dashboard would light up and I would hear it trying to start. Now it doesn’t turn on at all ( the dashboard doesn’t light up). And I took the battery to Autozone for them to test. I went to two different stores to have the battery tested.

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
When the bike first dropped and I tried to start it up the dashboard would light up and I would hear it trying to start. Now it doesn’t turn on at all ( the dashboard doesn’t light up). And I took the battery to Autozone for them to test. I went to two different stores to have the battery tested.
So did auto zone charge the battery? Have you charged it? I'm still a bit confused on this........

The tilt sensor will not stop anything from working except the fuel pump so that's not it. And a simple key cycle will reset it if everything is upright. Is the fuel pump priming (the whirring noise when you turn the key on)? is the motor turning over when you hit the key the first time?

How did you check fuses And what ones did you check?

My suggestion is this:

- Charge the battery if you haven't.
- Once you can get the dash to light up, the fuel pump to cycle on and everything to look normal on the dash, do the flooded start procedure in your owners manual or search on the forum for it.

Bike should start, if not I'd say find a shop to look at it.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
You have no power at the ignition switch. You need to start at the battery (with a DVOM or test light) and trace the power feed (& grounds) to see where you are losing connection.

bishop

CBR650F
What side did it fall over? if it was left side

Check hand lever clutch safety switch.
Check side stand safety switch.