Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Motorcycle Music

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
Thread starter #1
In the back of this months BMW owners group magazine they had a few pages dedicated to songs about motorcycles and motorcycling from all genres and styles. I knew some of them, but several I didn’t, so since had a couple day trip riding the Smokys a few weekends ago, I downloaded a bunch and made a playlist. When I decided to listen to music through the Sena I played this group and since I’ve been back I think of that trip hearing that music, kind of cool because it was a father and son trip.

Some of it is corny, I get it, and others may not be your thing, but still kind of cool riding stuff to listen too.

Here are some of them, in no real order, but these are all songs directly about motorcycling or have a motorcycle in them. I have a bunch of stuff in the past that are cool songs about traveling, but these are directly tied to motorcycles. All are available on iTunes, but does anyone have any others? I’d love to expand the list, I had a few they didn’t have.

Little Honda - Hondells
I Want to Ride - Randy and the Retreads
1952 Vincent Black Lightening - Richard Thompson
War of the Superbikes - The Meatmen
The Ballad of Easy Rider - The Byrds
Motorcycle Mama - Sailcat
Ride - Joe Satriani
Roll Me Away - Bob Seger
Motorcycle Man - Saxon
Motorcycle - Kip Moore
Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Ride the Wind - Poison

These don’t explicitly say motorcycle in them, but are motorcycle related that I added to my playlist:

- Closer to the Truth and Further from the Sky - Butch Walker. Butch is an avid motorcycle rider and collector, this song was written during a tour when he trailered bike and rode instead of bussed between cities on tour, something he does often. He’s one of the most popular producers in music the past 15 years, if it’s a catchy pop/rock song that gets stuck in your head, he probably wrote, produced or engineered it.

- Clockwork Angels - Rush. Chief songwriter for Rush, Neil Peart, is also an avid rider who travels the world on his BMWs and trailers bikes when they tour. He has some great books about his rides.

- Long Way Round - Stereophonics. Theme song for the Ewan McGreagor and Charley Boorman travel adventure documentaries of the same name.

That’s what I got, any others come to mind?

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
Good list Mike! I have a huge list of Female Names (in the title) that my daughter and i put together (over 70 songs) and a car list, so I’ll start building this one as well for a new playlist. Great idea.

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
Thread starter #4
I Like The Rain by Joe Satriani.

And how could you miss Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf? :D
I wasn’t aware Satriani was such a bike guy, very cool to know.

Steppenwolf was on the list in the mag (I think, I accidentally gave it to my dad before I looked all the way through it) but I skipped it because I really dislike that song for some reason. I get the context, just never liked that song.

I’ll add it, however :)

miweber929

CBR650F
650F Alumnus
Staff
Thread starter #13
Hah! Glad this got kicked up again. A couple you guys listed were in there, here's a few others that were added:

Fuel - Metallica
Kickstart my Heart- Motley Crue
Panama - Van Halen
Ezy Rydr- Jimi Hendrix
Radar Love - Golden Earring or White Lion
Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers
Iron Horse - Motörhead
Bad Motorscooter - Montrose
Run - Foo Fighters
Motorcycle - Remy Zero
Machinehead - Bush

Last edited:

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Another not immediately obvious one is Speed Demon by Michael Jackson. There is definitely the sound of a motorbike accelerating at some point during the song.

I saw on a website the mention of Thunderstruck by AC/DC, now I thought that was a bit of a stretch until looking at the lyrics, there is a line "Rode down the highway, Broke the limit" halfway through the song.

The more obvious AC/DC song in my opinion is Highway to Hell.

Oh one more I thought of, Riders on the Storm by The Doors.

Last edited: