• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Missing my bike

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
So since my "accident" I've been on a loaner, a Suzuki SV650 to be precise. I can assure anyone that's considered buying one that they have made the right choice with the Honda. I really miss the power delivery, I really miss the way my bike looks but most of all I miss that noise! The Suzy sounds like a burping frog when you accelerate. While the power is delivered in a very easy to manage way the bike just lacks any excitement, any drama. The handling is actually good, I've scrubbed every millimetre of the chicken strips off, but I think this may just be that the stock tyres on the CB aren't great. Finally the brakes are awful, it takes strong hands to stop quickly, though this may just be loan bike brake wear.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
So since my "accident" I've been on a loaner, a Suzuki SV650 to be precise. I can assure anyone that's considered buying one that they have made the right choice with the Honda. I really miss the power delivery, I really miss the way my bike looks but most of all I miss that noise! The Suzy sounds like a burping frog when you accelerate. While the power is delivered in a very easy to manage way the bike just lacks any excitement, any drama. The handling is actually good, I've scrubbed every millimetre of the chicken strips off, but I think this may just be that the stock tyres on the CB aren't great. Finally the brakes are awful, it takes strong hands to stop quickly, though this may just be loan bike brake wear.
Maybe a good starter bike for someone.

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
I'd rather the CB500R I had after passing my test. Infinitely more exciting and a nice looking bike.

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
Who knows. The bastards haven't even taken it yet and I go away next Sunday. So it will be a few weeks.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018

I test rode one and Had the same exact impression. It lacks any excitement or personality of any kind. It is a very poor stand in for the CBR650. But at least you get loaners over there.

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
I test rode one and Had the same exact impression. It lacks any excitement or personality of any kind. It is a very poor stand in for the CBR650. But at least you get loaners over there.

I only got a loaner because I paid for the privelage on my insurance. I know a few people that have been left bikeless after an accident.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018
Oh, that is interesting. I am going to ask my insurance lady if that is available over here.

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
Well...I still don’t have my bike back but it’s now having its repairs carried out by Honda. They are the only ones that have been contacting me without pushing. It’s a massive tick in favour of Honda and a big fat cross for the insurance company. I can’t wait to hear that in-line 4 screaming again! I’ve now done 1200 miles on the temp bike and I was away from it for 2 weeks while I was on holiday.

tandi_1984

CB650F ABS
Jun 25, 2018
A month to fix a motorcycle? :rolleyes:
6 weeks! It's a fucking joke huh? That's not the fault of Honda I feel I need to add. They collected it a week ago and even then had to wait for the insurance company to give them hoops to jump through.

Top Bottom