• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Mirror Disassembly

Rossco

CB650R ABS
Mar 10, 2022
Riding Since
Hi folks,

So after a minor laying down I bent the stem of one of my mirrors.
I have bought a second hand replacement, however its a little more marked up than I'd like.
Has anyone taken apart the actual mirror assembly? I'm assuming, on initial inspection the stem is bolted to the mirror back from the inside. thus requires the mirror glass to be popped out?

JDude

CB650R ABS
May 20, 2020
Ottawa
Riding Since
I haven’t tried it on the CB mirrors, but had 1 success for 3 attempts on previous mirrors. Heat (I used hot water on the entire piece) and warm/soften the plastic and don’t use metal to pry the mirror. Most likely you’ll break the glass and require a new one but if you’re already prepared to purchase a new one it’s worth a try.

Rossco

CB650R ABS
Mar 10, 2022
Riding Since
JDude - unfortunately I only got your reply this morning.

I broke the mirror.
The main problem seems to be the mirror is stuck to a foam pad, which is in turn stuck to the inside of the mirror housing, combine this with the mirror glass being a snap fit inside out housing any sort of leverage is going to end up in a broken glass.
So in summery - as baugustine has said they are not supposed to be disassembled.

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Kudos for trying though. Too many times people throw things away that could otherwise be serviced if you know some tricks. At least it was a learning experience!

Top Bottom