Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Canada Meet Up - Yonge & Wedgewood - August 18th. Discussion/Info here.

Meet my new bike!

miweber929

CBR
Mod
I don’t mind the wheel tape but the graphics thing just isn’t doing it for me. If it all matched I might feel different but it’s just not feeling right.

Your bike, your call, however. Maybe try some in different colors.

Thomas

CBR ABS
650F Alumnus
Thread starter #22
Thomas, you might be mixing too many colors.I have a matte black bike and use only gold
decals on it.I to think your wheel tape adds too many colors,if it had gold in it it wold look good.
The wheel tape is actually one of my favorite parts I got for the bike. I´ll definitely keep those. I also like how the gold/red/black combination turned out.

I don’t mind the wheel tape but the graphics thing just isn’t doing it for me. If it all matched I might feel different but it’s just not feeling right.

Your bike, your call, however. Maybe try some in different colors.
I removed the decals this morning.

I just got another big problem.
I got offered a used but almost brand new red set of bar-ends/levers and oil cap for a pretty decent price. I just fear I can´t resist and end up buying it. But then it´s maybe too much red......

haqzore

CBR
Admin
Mod
The wheel tape is actually one of my favorite parts I got for the bike. I´ll definitely keep those. I also like how the gold/red/black combination turned out.

I removed the decals this morning.

I just got another big problem.
I got offered a used but almost brand new red set of bar-ends/levers and oil cap for a pretty decent price. I just fear I can´t resist and end up buying it. But then it´s maybe too much red......
You got the mod fever!!!

Thomas

CBR ABS
650F Alumnus
Thread starter #28
Thomas,Please buy useful stuff not eye candy.They are going to call you the
rainbow man.
Will not buy much additional stuff from now on.Pretty much everything I dislikes is changed now. Don't really want to have 2 + 1 sets of stuff (aftermarket/stock) so it has to sell first before changing it again.
If that succeeds I am actually "decreasing the rainbow".
3 parts that I still miss are a rear hub cover for the other side, another slider and a front fork protection. That seems like useful stuff to me.
Then all that I'm looking for is a somewhat aerodynomic that has no lashes flying around and pissing me off.
Good to go then and succesfully start the season then I guess.

Oh and apparently you hit reserve after 150-180km. That's a thirsty girl 😚

Thomas

CBR ABS
650F Alumnus
Thread starter #30
Forgive me but i think sliders come in sets.We are talking about engine sliders?I hope you
get good weather soon, that snow must be a bitch.
Engine sliders were the first thing mounted. Yes, they come in sets.
What I mean ist a "crankshaft cover slider" if I translated that correctly.
GSG-Sturzpad-Kurbelgehaeuse-CB1000R.jpg

And the rear cover (other model tho)
DPM-race-Naben-Abdeckung-HONDA-CB1000R-SC60.png

Thomas

CBR ABS
650F Alumnus
Thread starter #33
I've just ordered some of the wheel stickers/ tape for my cbr650f. I'm just wondering how difficult They are to fit.
Thanks
Rob.
If I was able to fit them you will have no problem. The nice thing is they don't have to be perfect. You almost don't notice it.
Just try to cut them out with around the same distance. Makes it much easier. Also make little cuts between the Letters/parts so you can stretch/correct a bit. If you use degreaser and a fan you can do it in the winter.
Just don't worry, at first they don't seem sticky at all. Changes with heat.