News Marketplace Improvements

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Made some adjustments to the Marketplace sub-forum.
Hope is to facilitate more functionality & easier navigation.
Always open to feedback/suggestions.

Added "Marketplace" with sub-link filters to the top navigation bar:
navigation.PNG

Main layout features images with preview text:

threads.PNG

Threads retain first post (the product), with replies/etc listed below:
singleitem.PNG

New (or edited) topics now have required fields: Price, Shipping, Year, Model, ABS
  • The product image right above this is missing these fields. If added/going forward, they will display ABOVE product info when viewing an item.
  • Open to feedback on adding/removing/changing these.
fields.PNG

Last edited:

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
I love the look of the layout! Very simple to navigate. My only complaint is that with the images being so large, when an older post is commented on it is very easy to push new posts out of view. I posted an ad earlier today (which must have been right around the time you were making the changes, it was the old layout when I started my post lol), and after only three older posts were commented on my new post has already been pushed pretty far out of view. Being that it is a buy/sell forum, perhaps maybe replies don't bring the thread to the top? Or would smaller thumbnails be an option?

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
I love the look of the layout! Very simple to navigate. My only complaint is that with the images being so large, when an older post is commented on it is very easy to push new posts out of view. I posted an ad earlier today (which must have been right around the time you were making the changes, it was the old layout when I started my post lol), and after only three older posts were commented on my new post has already been pushed pretty far out of view. Being that it is a buy/sell forum, perhaps maybe replies don't bring the thread to the top? Or would smaller thumbnails be an option?
Agree with you & checking on this. Will see what I can do.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
Some improvements made today:

• When the "Completed" prefix is applied to Marketplace threads, they'll be automatically moved to the new Completed area. The threads will still be open/usable incase members need to communicate, but this should keep the Marketplace clean & relevant.
  • We also cleaned out / moved all Marketplace threads without a reply in 6 months or more (approx) to the new area mentioned above. If you need/want a topic moved back, report the post or message any staff member.

Last edited:

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
This is finally improved - sorry for the delay.

All items will now stick to the smaller preview style at all times, allowing more to display on the first page:

Top Bottom