• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Looking to Upgrade Intake & PCV

Stellato Racing

CBR650R ABS
Aug 15, 2020
Riding Since
Hi All,

I’m new here so bare with me.

I bought my bike at the end of last winter (Toronto, Canada).

So far, I have the Full Akro Titanium Exhaust with Carbon Tip (Baffles in) - looking to remove the baffles, is it worth it?

I also would like to add, upgraded intake funnels, power commander v and quick shift ( already ordered). However I cannot find any info on the intake upgrade and want to wait on the Power Commander V install as I do not want to take the bike apart 3 times to get all of this done.

Can anyone help with sourcing the intake upgrade??

Thanks!!

Stellato Racing

CBR650R ABS
Aug 15, 2020
Riding Since
Apparently the intake restrictions were only for the Euro bikes?

I haven’t taken my tank and air box off yet to see, just been reading about it.

anyone know?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Apparently the intake restrictions were only for the Euro bikes?

I haven’t taken my tank and air box off yet to see, just been reading about it.

anyone know?
Welcome!!!

If you’re looking to “upgrade” your intakes, yeah, the only ones that are blocked or otherwise not free flowing are on the A2 European bikes or the restricted Australian ones.

However there are a couple people who have 3D printed or have done other funnel swaps with limited success. I’m of the opinion it’s not worth it and any changes are placebo effect.

Have a search on the forum for intake funnels and see what comes up.

Stellato Racing

CBR650R ABS
Aug 15, 2020
Riding Since
Welcome!!!

If you’re looking to “upgrade” your intakes, yeah, the only ones that are blocked or otherwise not free flowing are on the A2 European bikes or the restricted Australian ones.

However there are a couple people who have 3D printed or have done other funnel swaps with limited success. I’m of the opinion it’s not worth it and any changes are placebo effect.

Have a search on the forum for intake funnels and see what comes up.
Thanks!

baloo2650

CB650F ABS
May 14, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Riding Since
Hey, I'm from Waterloo ON, Cheers! I've been running the Akra this summer with the DB killer/baffle out, and still on a stock tune. I can't say if there has been a noticeable power gain with it out, but it's for sure louder, lot's louder... b.t.w. Have you bypassed/removed your pair valve since adding that exhaust? -doing that made the bike run way better.

kittdrury

CB650R
Feb 1, 2022
Western Australia
Riding Since
Hi Guys, would you know where to get a set of the modified air intakes tubes. I need to find a supplier. I am not so keen on drilling them out myself and know you can get the unrestricted ones at a reasonable price. Thanks

jef200

CB650R ABS
Nov 28, 2021
Corsica
Riding Since
Hi All,

So far, I have the Full Akro Titanium Exhaust with Carbon Tip (Baffles in) - looking to remove the baffles, is it worth it?

I also would like to add, upgraded intake funnels, power commander v and quick shift ( already ordered). However I cannot find any info on the intake upgrade and want to wait on the Power Commander V install as I do not want to take the bike apart 3 times to get all of this done.

Thanks!!
Hi!
You can test this article! It is far cheaper and as efficient as a PC, if you just use your bike in normal driving conditions, like almost everybody.
And very quick and easy to install.
You just need to lift your fuel tank and plug it to the airbox!
But if you do not change your exhaust and air filter too, it is useless to upgrade your intake!
By the way, removing the baffles is nonsense, you will not get any additional power but just a fine by the cops for making noise..
Cheers.

kittdrury

CB650R
Feb 1, 2022
Western Australia
Riding Since
Like yourself, i am just looking for a global supplier for the modified air intake tubes/funnels. Whilst I have heard that you can Dremel them out yourself, this is not reliable from what I understand. I have been waiting here in Western Australia for months for the 650 and dont want to stuff it up from new. Wow, this is it thanks for the help guys, it appreciated. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2020/cb650ra/air-cleaner

David 47

CB650R ABS
Mar 30, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks!!
I got mine from Asian-motoparts in Thailand oem honda parts off the net as I couldn't find them in Australia

Top Bottom