Long Gone, but the passion remains

Shizenhouzen

Amateur
Jun 3, 2017
Australia
Hi to everyone,
I`m probably not remembered by most, but almost a year ago, i was posting modifications i was doing to my CB650F, however it was cut short due to ? ... well i suppose you could say, a conflict of interest of with the LAW.
Here is a brief rundown of the situation.
A beautiful summer cloudless Friday morning (had a day off work), decided to go for a ride up the mountains (surprise, surprise), i was riding, thinking how well the bike was performing
(it was onsong),
came around a corner and, here is a police car parked on the side of the road (out in the middle of nowhere (as we say in Australia (Whoop Whoop)), as i was well over the speed limit, they Immediately turned on lights, i decided to do the right thing and pull over (has not always been the case).
As the police were talking to me (Booking), a car pulled up, the driver conversed with one of the officers, it seems that he had been one of the vehicles that i had previously overtaken, he had the officer look at dashcam footage from his car (not only front but also rear cam) of me, as i rounded up earlier cars.
Next thing i was being charged with `Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle` (footage actually made the nightly news).
Due to the fact that, here in Australia, this is no longer a Traffic Offence, it is classed as a `CRIMINAL OFFENCE`, i was facing upto two and a half years jail time.
The fact that i had lost 11 licences already didn`t help. (11 licences) I can already hear people call me a `Dic hed`)) In my defense i DO take safety seriously, there are some places where it is perfectly safe to ride above the speed limit and some places that aren`t))
I`ve been riding for close to forty years now, i`m still here, still riding, never caused an injury. To ride fast, you have to ride smart!!! . There are alot of obstacles out there, always be prepared for the unexpected.
I`ve always felt safer on a motorcycle than in a car (no bullsht), ok, back to the situation, after 3 court cases, i managed to avoid jail (oh oh i dropped the soap) i`m still a virgin that way)), lost my licence and received a fine.
So.
Soon i will continue modding the CB650F from where i left off, there are going to be some interesting mods that i`m sure have never been done to this model.

MOTORCYCLES = PASSION = MOTORCYCLES

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
You’re right, to ride fast you do have to ride smart, glad to hear you avoided jail this time.

Here’s hoping this is the last one, pretty sure your 13th license suspension won’t be avoiding a little lockup time!!!!

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Hi to everyone,
I`m probably not remembered by most, but almost a year ago, i was posting modifications i was doing to my CB650F, however it was cut short due to ? ... well i suppose you could say, a conflict of interest of with the LAW.
A beautiful summer cloudless Friday morning (had a day off work), decided to go for a ride up the mountains (surprise, surprise), i was riding, thinking how well the bike was performing
(it was onsong),
came around a corner and, here is a police car parked on the side of the road (out in the middle of nowhere (as we say in Australia (Whoop Whoop)), as i was well over the speed limit, they Immediately turned on lights, i decided to do the right thing and pull over (has not always been the case).
As the police were talking to me (Booking), a car pulled up, the driver conversed with one of the officers, it seems that he had been one of the vehicles that i had previously overtaken, he had the officer look at dashcam footage from his car (not only front but also rear cam) of me, as i rounded up earlier cars.
Next thing i was being charged with `Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle` (footage actually made the nightly news).
Due to the fact that, here in Australia, this is no longer a Traffic Offence, it is classed as a `CRIMINAL OFFENCE`, i was facing upto two and a half years jail time.
The fact that i had lost 11 licences already didn`t help. (11 licences) I can already hear people call me a `Dic hed`)) In my defense i DO take safety seriously, there are some places where it is perfectly safe to ride above the speed limit and some places that aren`t))
I`ve been riding for close to forty years now, i`m still here, still riding, never caused an injury. To ride fast, you have to ride smart!!! . There are alot of obstacles out there, always be prepared for the unexpected.
I`ve always felt safer on a motorcycle than in a car (no bullsht), ok, back to the situation, after 3 court cases, i managed to avoid jail (oh oh i dropped the soap) i`m still a virgin that way)), lost my licence and received a fine.
So.
Soon i will continue modding the CB650F from where i left off, there are going to be some interesting mods that i`m sure have never been done to this model.

As a cop said to me they only have to be lucky once the odds suck lol.Never mind. Pleased to hear it hasn't put you off. Keep up the good work. The trouble with some car drivers is, if you pass them at walking pace they ain't happy.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Am I being an ass when I say that after 12 license suspensions, they should take your license away for good?

I mean no disrespect, and I may be a bit of a goodie two shoes when it comes to this, but the race track is for speeding, public road isn't. If you can't behave yourself (and obviously you can't) then you have no business riding a vehicle on the public road.

And sure, we all are a bit naughty from time to time, but if you not only get caught or fined, but even suspended 12 times then something must be horribly wrong with your attitude on the road.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Hi to everyone,
(it was onsong),
So.

To ride that long and fast without serious injury requires a fair amount of luck and a Skill not many achieve.

Shizenhouzen

Amateur
Jun 3, 2017
Australia
Thanks to all replies,
I know that with so many losses of licences it sounds as if i can`t behave myself, however i will explain how this came about.
Firstly, in forty years on the road i have NEVER ONCE been pulled over for a `LICENCE CHECK` whilst drive a car (either my own or a supplied work vehicle), however, i have lost count of the number of times i have been pulled over on my bike for this very reason. One period i was pulled over for this `LICENCE CHECK` 6 times within two and a half weeks, by 6 different policemen. Not one of those times was i booked for speeding, or breaking any of the road rules, however once they realize i am clean they tend to get ... well ... Perplexed?, so then they proceed to do a very,very, through inspection of my bike. And like with all but brand new vehicles they always find something to book me with.

Secondly, numerous times i have been riding along obeying the road laws when either a police car or police motorcycle is traveling in the opposite direction, next thing they do a uturn and i am pulled over. I have had police follow me in their car at walking pace as i am walking along the footpath (helmet in hand) to my bike, as soon as i put the key in the ignition they summoned me over. Then came the bike inspection.

Police (at least here in Australia) do not like motorcyclists. I could tell of alot more experiences with my runnins, but it would take to long.
I`ve always been polite to the policemen that have pulled me over, but it doesn`t affect their attitude towards me as a bike rider. (or as a lot of them address me, `a bikie`)

Thirdly, motorcycle engines today are a lot more flexible when it comes to riding at a particular speed in the wrong gear. Back when i first got my licence at the age of 17, i owned a brand new Ducati, the problem i had with this bike was, in a builtup area (which was basically the whole of the Gold Coast) the speed limit was 60 KPH, and this was too high for second gear and too low for third gear. So wherever i felt it was safe to do so, i would sit on 80 KPH. Trouble being back then (at least here) there were (believe it or not) a lot more Radar traps, so i was forever getting booked. This period was where i lost most licences.
Most motorcyclists will know that doing 60 KPH on a motorcycle feels a lot slower than doing 60 KPH in a car, at least that has always been the case for me.
I have always, and will always ride my bike at a speed according to my surrounding, and that doesn`t necessarily mean riding above the speed limit, it also means riding below the speed limit at times.

I ride on the road with the idea that i am invisible (every motorist cannot see me), There`s much more to riding than just that, but to me this is right up there with the most important.

I`ve always thought that a `Period of Dirt Bike Riding` should be compulsory before somebody gets there motorcycle licence, if you can`t manhandle your bike it will only be a matter of time before things become unstuck.

That`s it, could keep talking but i won`t, except to say `PEACE OUT`

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Couldn't live in your state with all those rules a regs. To be fair the UK is pretty good for motorcycle riders. The government is now trying to clamp down on noisy exhausts, but that's about it. (But that's only my opinion, others may see it differently)

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Don't put yourself down as i lived in aussie for many years and the most easy thing to do was to get tickets. I use to
think there were more coppers in brisbane than people.They climb trees with there little radar guns so you can't see them.
Yes, riding in aussie was a real bummer with the tickets,that's why the roads are so good. Welcome back Shizenhouzen!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Well Shizenhouzen @Shizenhouzen I must give you credit for staying as polite as you are in your response. Could've just told me to f*ck off you know ;) Anyway, what happened happened and I'm not here to judge you so I shouldn't. Looking forward to seeing what mods you have planned.

Pot8o

CBR650F ABS
Apr 7, 2018

BTW: This is really interesting from a legal perspective. At least here in Switzerland there is an ongoing debate on whether private dashcam videos should be permitted as evidence in criminal proceedings against other motorists. This is due to the fact that they are almost always a made in violation of privacy rights of other drivers/riders.

Top Bottom