• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Just stored my bike for 5-6 months....

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
The M7RR sounds very good but how does it handle in 1 foot of water? Last week we
had some river flooding and i had to ride a long way in deep water.The Roadtec's did
a great job,never a slip and i was hauling ass.I guess there are many things you have to
look at when you buy a set of tires.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
True Jerry,but we have alot of flooding over here and the tires did a great job
holding the line.I guess every country has its own conditions for tire wear and
road handling.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Tasty? We are talking about tires?[
I´d wait a bit for some neutral third party to test it. Guess the first reviews will be there in march.
If the Road 5 kept most of it´s durability it seems like a perfect tire for the 650.
"Problem" with the PR4 was just the extreme focus on wet grip. Sure, that´s nice if you live in the UK and commute with it.
But I only used it because of the mileage - and not in the rain. On some really hot days after pushing it for a while you felt it wasn´t really in it´s comfort zone any more. Always liked the idea Metzeler did with the Roadtec 01 and the "no water channel zone". You most likely won´t go for a really spirited ride anyways when raining.
But now it seems like they addressed that. Looks like a tire that can handle a 30° trackday but also a rainy October morning.
Another Michelin that looks tempting is the Power RS. But that tire will sadly be dead after 2k km.
So nothing will get me away from the M7RR for a while. It just has no real faults. Works when it´s really cold. Works when it´s really hot. Works when dry. Works when wet. And lasts a while for what it is.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I love Michelins but never liked that pr4 tread pattern. Its interesting you did not feel confident when the weather warmed up, i prefer more towards dry grip with longevity, and I still cannot make a decision which tyres to buy.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
They all look great!Hard to go wrong with any of these tires! Go
Metzelers {Roadtec 01] the best tires i ever rode with, wet or dry.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Had a new year's reception for my work last week. Our company has a number of establishments throughout the country, so the reception took place in this congress center in Utrecht, a city about 60km from where I sit. Decided to skip the usual car driving banter with colleagues and jump on my bike and ride there myself. When I got there, I've had three different bike riding colleagues (including the CEO, who rides an Africa Twin) say how tough I must be to stick through the weather.

Just to be clear: it was about 8°C (about 46°F), nearly no wind, no rain but slightly foggy. I was like why the heck do you people even own a bike? At least the CEO had the guts to admit he's a self-confessed good-weather rider.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Had a new year's reception for my work last week. Our company has a number of establishments throughout the country, so the reception took place in this congress center in Utrecht, a city about 60km from where I sit. Decided to skip the usual car driving banter with colleagues and jump on my bike and ride there myself. When I got there, I've had three different bike riding colleagues (including the CEO, who rides an Africa Twin) say how tough I must be to stick through the weather.

Just to be clear: it was about 8°C (about 46°F), nearly no wind, no rain but slightly foggy. I was like why the heck do you people even own a bike? At least the CEO had the guts to admit he's a self-confessed good-weather rider.
8°C is not bad. We also already had some pretty decent days. Only thing keeping me away from riding are the tons of salt and gravel on the road. With this and next week starting pretty cold in the morning and over night it will most likely get even worse. It seems the local municipality workers have some kind of weird road salt fetish....
I don´t really have a problem with lower temperatures (I just want around at least 3°C for the tires). Wind starts to get annoying at around 15-20 km/h. Only thing I really hate is - like already mentioned- gravel and salt (stone chips and risk of rust) and when it´s wet. It´s not really about the water itself but more about the mud and dirt that comes with it.
Call me what you want but I can´t stand the sight of a dirty bike (excluding dirt bikes). That´s against my nature. :dummy1:

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Same experience two weeks ago at a Men’s Breakfast at our church. We meet first Sat of every month. There are quite a few hot rodders as well as motorcyclists in the bunch. I switch off between my 70 Mustang and the CBR depending on how my mood is. It was about 50 F and I had several guys comment on how cold it was and must have been an awful ride in. I just looked at them, sort of incredulous. Really, guys? Put on an extra layer and ride!

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
So we had wind speeds of over 100kph here in the Netherlands yesterday (wind gusts of 150kph were reported)
I seriously feared my bike would tip over but thankfully it didn't.
While I was looking for some rope to tie down the bike cover it blew off though. It was stuck on a single handlebar and mirror otherwise it would've been launched skyward. Took it off and inside to be sure. Guess people in tornado alley go "yeah? and?" right now, but for us here this is pretty intense.

Today, however, clear skies and no wind so I commuted that sucker right back to work :D

Check out this video to see how bad it was

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
So we had wind speeds of over 100kph here in the Netherlands yesterday (wind gusts of 150kph were reported)
I seriously feared my bike would tip over but thankfully it didn't.
While I was looking for some rope to tie down the bike cover it blew off though. It was stuck on a single handlebar and mirror otherwise it would've been launched skyward. Took it off and inside to be sure. Guess people in tornado alley go "yeah? and?" right now, but for us here this is pretty intense.

Today, however, clear skies and no wind so I commuted that sucker right back to work :D

Check out this video to see how bad it was

I saw some of this footage!

Lucky you that she didn't tip over!

h0ck3y

CBR650F ABS
Feb 6, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Man, this is probably the toughest part of the year .... the bike has been in storage for about 2 months and spring is still about 2 months away. Oh well, at least the days are starting to get slightly longer. :)

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
Man, this is probably the toughest part of the year .... the bike has been in storage for about 2 months and spring is still about 2 months away. Oh well, at least the days are starting to get slightly longer. :)
Was just telling my wife and a riding buddy how frickin anxious to ride I am. It's killing me! Too much pent up adrenaline!

Top Bottom