Jeep Talk

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
miweber929 @miweber929 I see it in the auto space where they all shot sedans in lieu of CUVs. And then the trend dies and they are stuck with inventory they cannot sell.
That's funny you say that: I succumbed to the CUV thing early this year and traded in my '16 Malibu 2.0T on a '21 Blazer. The Blazer is fine but very meh all the way around, even with the 305hp V6 in it. I decided enough was enough, took advantage of the ridiculous used car prices and am trading it in for more than I paid for it and ordered a new '21 Wrangler Unlimited. Hoping to see it in a week or two.

As much as a having a "Jeep" can be a trend, the Sport S I ordered at least walks the walk and doesn't pretend to be something it's not. I have no illusions to drive the Rubicon Trail but I do want to go down a dirt road, pull the top off and go exploring. The Blazer sorta looked like a sports wagon, tries to sort of look like an off-road machine and sort of be a fun daily driver. Really isn't any of those and got horrible gas mileage.

I miss my Malibu.......

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
miweber929 @miweber929 Jeeps never go out of style. They ride terrible, but that’s part of the fun. I’ll probably never do much off-roading in my Raptor either but its good to know that they are engineered for more than the mall parking lot.

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
That's funny you say that: I succumbed to the CUV thing early this year and traded in my '16 Malibu 2.0T on a '21 Blazer. The Blazer is fine but very meh all the way around, even with the 305hp V6 in it. I decided enough was enough, took advantage of the ridiculous used car prices and am trading it in for more than I paid for it and ordered a new '21 Wrangler Unlimited. Hoping to see it in a week or two.

As much as a having a "Jeep" can be a trend, the Sport S I ordered at least walks the walk and doesn't pretend to be something it's not. I have no illusions to drive the Rubicon Trail but I do want to go down a dirt road, pull the top off and go exploring. The Blazer sorta looked like a sports wagon, tries to sort of look like an off-road machine and sort of be a fun daily driver. Really isn't any of those and got horrible gas mileage.

I miss my Malibu.......
That was a good decision, well done. The Jeep has so much more character, especially if you got it with a manual. But even with the slushbox it's a much more unique and 'wholesome' ride than the new Blazer or any of the other generically identical CUVs that are so popular. I hope you have good times with yours.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
That was a good decision, well done. The Jeep has so much more character, especially if you got it with a manual. But even with the slushbox it's a much more unique and 'wholesome' ride than the new Blazer or any of the other generically identical CUVs that are so popular. I hope you have good times with yours.
I am pretty excited because I’ve wanted a Jeep since I was a little kid but the few times I started down the road to get one over the years either they were pretty rough around the edges (the TJ years), I only had one vehicle and went more practical (bought a Nissan Xterra instead of the Unlimited I wanted at the time) or it just didn’t fit into what I needed at the moment. The stars aligned this time around and the JL model is a great mix of Jeep and “everyday” livable so I decided to give it a try. Worst case I sell it in a year for what I paid for it!!!

I spend far too much time sitting in traffic to play the manual game and based on my multiple test drives of several models and trims the 8 speed auto is probably one of the best transmissions ever made. I also initially wanted the V6 over the 2.0T but after driving both, the 2.0 and 8 speed were the perfect combo for that vehicle and my needs so that’s the direction I went. What is astounding to me are the amount of aftermarket mods you can do to it, it’s overwhelming, lol!! I’m trying to find some more storage for things like phones, tablets, drinks, etc. when we travel and there are so many solutions it’s crazy!!!

Might have it this week but most likely next week. Ordered 8/10, built around 8/23 and has been in “shipping” stage since 8/26 and I’m told no further updates until it’s in the dealers lot. If I get it before 9/10 it’ll be a month from order to in my hands, not bad at all.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Update from the dealer: Wrangler scheduled to arrive in town by 9/18, and will take a day or two to find a truck and get delivered. Thinking the 21st or 22nd for pickup :)

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
What is astounding to me are the amount of aftermarket mods you can do to it, it’s overwhelming, lol!! I’m trying to find some more storage for things like phones, tablets, drinks, etc. when we travel and there are so many solutions it’s crazy!!!
I think Wranglers have the largest aftermarket of any vehicle ever made. It is crazy. So, so many ways to customize and build a Wrangler of any year.

If you do decide to ever get rid of it, take a look at selling it in CO because the used prices here are insane. A lot of buyers here go out of state for theirs and drive them home. My brother-in-law flew down to Texas for his and saved $2k over the same year JKU here in CO with similar mileage. And you're in SoCal, right? If so, you've got the perfect climate for removing the doors and roof to enjoy an awesome open-air ride. It's like a much slower, heavier, poorer-handling motorcycle with comfortable seats, airbags, and a safety cage :) Beats sitting in a generic CUV any day of the week!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
And you're in SoCal, right? If so, you've got the perfect climate for removing the doors and roof to enjoy an awesome open-air ride. It's like a much slower, heavier, poorer-handling motorcycle with comfortable seats, airbags, and a safety cage :) Beats sitting in a generic CUV any day of the week!
I’m in minnesota, unfortunately, but my wife and I were discussing how on the test drive it felt like a “motorcycle” when we drove it.

Mines in the area, about 7 miles away from me and 15 miles from the dealership. Hoping it will get on a truck in the next few days and I can pick it up mid week. That’s what the dealership is telling me at least :)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Nudged the dealer today to see if he had an update since texting me it arrived in staging on 9/17, thought he may know if would show up this early week or later based on our last conversation and I had a few things I needed to schedule out. He now tells me might not even be this week, he’s thinking more like the 29th. Sigh….

Got frustrated so a bit of googling unearthed an address. Couldn’t touch it but got to see it. Doesn’t make it any easier to wait but seeing it was a good thing :) It’s the Granite Sport S, not the Snazzberry Sahara. I was yelled at by security for taking pics, but he was decent enough about it (I must not be the only one to have done this).

Attachments

• 8C7FF317-5BB2-485A-97EE-5615ACEDC1FC.jpeg
    8C7FF317-5BB2-485A-97EE-5615ACEDC1FC.jpeg
    768.3 KB · Views: 8

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Well, just over 6 weeks later it’s arrived. I think I have 48 miles on it but so far so good.

Attachments

• C2D572E5-5F64-4FD5-8CF0-03F6221A6C95.jpeg
    C2D572E5-5F64-4FD5-8CF0-03F6221A6C95.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 5
  • 35E565F4-D286-4A24-B3D2-0D46B60165AC.jpeg
    35E565F4-D286-4A24-B3D2-0D46B60165AC.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 5
  • EEB294AE-1A0C-49C6-B4AD-97846AE8837C.jpeg
    EEB294AE-1A0C-49C6-B4AD-97846AE8837C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • E47DD993-42B1-4037-8132-7FC3A446BD40.jpeg
    E47DD993-42B1-4037-8132-7FC3A446BD40.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Congrats! I had a JK wrangler for a little while that rode like crap but it was a whole lot of fun.
So far so good, but I have no additional miles on it. Had to take my truck in for an oil and a pinion seal change so I took that today. Should be able to put a few miles on it this weekend. Hopefully :)

Top Bottom