• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

Goodbye It´s about time...

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
My time with the CBR650 is over. Yesterday I brought the bike away.

This is the oldest picture I got. 25.09.2015 - one day after I bought it.IMG_20150925_140707.jpg

These are the last pictures I got. 10.11.2017
IMG_20171110_100116.jpg IMG_20171110_100124.jpg

In total I covered a bit less than 20.000km with it. Luckily without any issue.
(Let´s forget the broken plate holder, that was the fault of the pre-owner and also my fault for not realizing it.)
All in all it´s a pretty fun bike and also fast for what it is. No real downsides.
In my opinion a perfect starter bike (with restriction). Also I think it would be a good choice as a second bike in the garage.
After the two years I think it was the right decision to buy it. At that time it was what I was looking for.

Now I will move on and start the season on something different. The CBR currently stands in "my dealership". Chances are I might get to see it again at some point in the future. Let´s hope the next owner will also take care of the 650 - if not I guess I´ll have to pull him by his ears :vamp:

Also I have to thank you guys for all your comments and replies over the whole time I was on this forum. I wish you the best of luck, ride fast, ride safe and enjoy your bike the thing it is meant for. Also good luck Duncan @Duncan . I am confident you can hit 300k miles :p

:writer:11.11.17 - Thomas out!

Oh, I almost forgot! You have to endure one more thread (the helmet "review") and one more reply to this (to show you my new toy). It´s already bought but still needs a few thing in the dealership (Service, MOT, tires and so on). I hope I´ll be able to bring it home next week.
Have a little teaser :angelic:
IMG_20171109_115356.jpg IMG_20171109_124157.jpg
:rolleyes: Oh boy am I excited!

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
After the two years I think it was the right decision to buy it. At that time it was what I was looking for.
This is what matters. Glad the bike was right for you.

Glad it also encouraged you into a new saddle rather than out of them entirely.

Looking forward to the new pictures!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Congrats, man, you’ll love the CB!!! Liter power is VERY addicting and it makes for an exhilarating ride; just keep your head about you because it’s easy to get confident and you can get into trouble in a huge hurry. Just keep in mind a twist of the wrist can take a fun time to a go-directly-to-jail or go-directly-to-the-hospital time.

FYI, a new bike is no reason reason to leave, stay in touch. Lots of us have more than one ride.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey, glad to see you've found something that suits you.
Your bike has a very specific look to it. Would be funny if one day someone wandered in here with an introduction thread saying "hey look at my new bike" with pictures of your old lassy :)

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
congratulations. may every bike you own enrich you

Enjoy the new ride

Congrats, man

Congratulations....checked pics out on other post you had ....bike looks spot on :)

Hey, glad to see you've found something that suits you.

Thank you all for your positive replies! :kiss:

we are also always up for a bit of trouble shooting and cool photos.
should the need arise.

Looking forward to the new pictures!

FYI, a new bike is no reason reason to leave, stay in touch. Lots of us have more than one ride.
In this case I think I´ll have a quick look into the forum once in a while. Thanks!
Your bike has a very specific look to it. Would be funny if one day someone wandered in here with an introduction thread saying "hey look at my new bike" with pictures of your old lassy :)
That would be absolutely insane. Also that would make me very happy! :joyful: I´d love to know who buys it and how the story of that bike continues!

To be honest it is a really strange feeling right now when entering the garage with an empty bike spot :(
Really can´t wait to replace it. In addition to that we had some snowy rain today with some places near us having "real" snow.
And with snow comes salt :wtf: It´s time now to get the bike in the garage asap before the weather gets worse.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
An update on this topic: The dealer sold my old bike. Guess I´ll have to keep my eyes open. I´d really like to spot it one day.

Top Bottom