• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Inspection of the radiator water level

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Ciao,
Trovo molto difficile controllare il livello dell'acqua del radiatore nel vaso di espansione. Solo inserendo una piccola lampadina sotto il vassoio posso controllare se c'è acqua oppure no. Colpa della plastica troppo opaca ... non si vede nulla nemmeno usando il liquido di raffreddamento blu e scuotendo la moto. Hai qualche idea al riguardo?

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Ops...sorry,
I find it very difficult to check the radiator water level in the expansion tank. Only by inserting a small light bulb under the tray can I check whether there is water or not. Blame the plastic too opaque ... you can not see anything even using blue coolant and shaking the bike. Do you have any ideas about it?

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Ops...sorry,
I find it very difficult to check the radiator water level in the expansion tank. Only by inserting a small light bulb under the tray can I check whether there is water or not. Blame the plastic too opaque ... you can not see anything even using blue coolant and shaking the bike. Do you have any ideas about it?
I use a flash light. Nothing more you can do it make it easier to read.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Yeah it's a stupid design and hard to top off the reservoir even with long funnel. I've over filled the bloody thing because you can't tell where the fluid level is

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
To check, I tried to insert under the tray with difficulty, a very small light bulb that illuminated the inside ... It's strange for a company like Honda which is famous for the "ease / simplicity" of its bikes! It was enough to use a more transparent plastic ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom